Re: SEC Network/sports networks
mizzousa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reading the football message boards as I do, I have seen several posts noting that users would have switched to Fios except for the lack of a deal with the SEC Network. You are losing new business, Fios, and you will lose a lot of current subscribers if you don't get SECN, including me. In other words -- GET THE SEC NETWORK!!

Money for nothing / I want my S E C
KP131
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do I really have to ask? We have about 2 weeks ....let's go. 

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

Come on Verizon...announce a deal with the SEC Network today please!!! You are the ONLY carrier to not offer it yet and to not even comment on it is unacceptable to your customers!!!

mc00gan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

SEC network launches in less than a week from now and you still haven't announced you have joined your major competitors and picked it up. GET WITH THE PROGRAM ALREADY! I switched to FIOS over 3 years ago because you had a better line up than Cox but it looks like I'll be heading back to them if I don't see an announcement soon. It will be worth the early termination fees!

Re: SEC Network? When is it coming to fios ?
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

@erichoya wrote:

@KAM2523 wrote:

Verizon is going to agree with the SEC Network by the end of this week they r even making room for it with the channel line up changes.

The lineup changes have me optimistic that something will get done as some prime channel space was opened up in the 580-599 range.   

Another potential announcement I'm hopeful for is Fox Sports 2 in HD at 584 (FS1 is at 583).  They shuffled the SD version to 84 and 584 just opened up with the move of FXX to another channel #.   (This is pure speculation on my part)

That's the only thing that gives me some optimism. I'm afraid if they don't announce today that they have the SEC Network that it will be dead in the water just like the Pac-12 Network.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Why would they have to announce it today or it is dead? The network doesn't launch until August 14th. They will continue to negotiate I would hope. I just wish they would let us know something!!
0 Likes
tamu84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Keller, the first place in the nation FIOS was installed.  I have had internet since it was first offered, TV, and phone service.  I have renewed my "triple play" subscription several times.  The contract is up in October 2014.  If I'm not watching the SEC Network at home for the Aggies opening game, regardless of what happens August 15th, I will find a new provider for TV.  Maybe they don't care about one subscriber, maybe there aren't a lot of us that feel that way, but my only way to voice my displeasure is to discontinue service.  August 14th is my line in the sand.

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Come on Verizon announce the deal today please!!!!!!
0 Likes
KAM2523
Enthusiast - Level 2

U guys the true deadline for the deal is august 28 when the college football season starts nothing is going on the network from 14-27 its just repalys of games.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/first_day_of_sec_network_progr.html

0 Likes
jmathwig
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes