Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

SEC Network/sports networks

SOLVED
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: SEC Network/sports networks

Message 201 of 769
(1,835 Views)

Well, that isn't really completely the case.  Suppose you decide to switch.  Can you just call your local cable company today and they're out at your house in seconds, like something out of a Jimmy John's commercial?

Usually, it's going to take at least a week of lead time ... maybe more depending on what their turnaround time is.

We're now 14 business days from football on the SEC network and that's cutting it tight for some people to be able to switch and be up and running in time.

I'm not thrilled with it at all and my local cable company is really pricing themselves not to sell (my intro rate would be $20 higher than the comparable FIOS rate for what I have now and it jumps a whopping $30 after year one and another $75 after year two).  Nothing about that is remotely acceptable and so I'm really hoping FIOS works something out.

@KAM2523 wrote:

U guys the true deadline for the deal is august 28 when the college football season starts nothing is going on the network from 14-27 its just repalys of games.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/first_day_of_sec_network_progr.html

Contributor
Contributor

Re: Have there been any updates on the SEC Network? Please Verizon add this channel!

Message 202 of 769
(1,818 Views)

Leaving if they don't offer this channel.  Pay way too much not to get it.

Contributor
Contributor

Message 203 of 769
(1,815 Views)

COME ON Verizon!!!  This is ridiculous:

Picture1.png

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 204 of 769
(1,806 Views)
It is absolutely ridiculous how they have handled this. The ONLY provider not to offer the SEC Network!! What is the holdup??
Contributor
Contributor

Message 205 of 769
(1,719 Views)

We switched to Verizon a couple of years ago because of their programming, but if they don't add the SEC Network before the 28th, we will be changing carriers. 

Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Re: Have there been any updates on the SEC Network? Please Verizon add this channel!

Message 206 of 769
(1,699 Views)

@jubjub1999 wrote:

Leaving if they don't offer this channel.  Pay way too much not to get it.

Expect to pay more when they do add it (and I do believe they will add it). It's not going to be in the Select, Prime and possibly the Extreme tiers so if you in one of those tiers and do not subscribe to the Sports Package you probably won't get it.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 207 of 769
(1,677 Views)

This is just sad. 

I know no one from Verizon reads these forums, but they have to get the message. This is serious.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 208 of 769
(1,654 Views)

I wish they would at least say yes we are going to offer it or no we aren't. To not let their customers know is horrible service. Are they even negotating anymore???

Contributor
Contributor

Message 209 of 769
(1,638 Views)

Totally agree. Verizon, step up and offer the SEC Network.

@uaphan wrote:

I wish they would at least say yes we are going to offer it or no we aren't. To not let their customers know is horrible service. Are they even negotating anymore???

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 210 of 769
(1,628 Views)

Everyone please keep calling/chatting/tweeting/emailing Verizon Fios. I am contacting them daily asking and keep getting the standard "cant comment" answer. If we put enough pressure on them maybe they will listen. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.