Re: SEC Network/sports networks
atrain2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the chorus...I'll have to pay a $200 early termination fee...but I will do it and hold a grudge against Verizon for a long, long time...

Jlaborde3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Outside forces prevented me from keeping my original deadline, but alas I have Direct TV scheduled for an install next week. Hello SEC Network and NFL Sunday ticket from a company that understands the programming that people want and the need for them to know they will have it in a timely fashion. Verizon could learn a thing or two from this, but they will not if customers merely threaten to leave but don't follow through. Money is the only language they speak.

BigKCat
Enthusiast - Level 1

KAM2523 you are wrong.  UK Basketball plays summer ball on day one August 14th.  That's a huge fanbase to tick off.

I'm signing up elsewhere, Verizon doesn't give a crap about it's customers

@KAM2523 wrote:

U guys the true deadline for the deal is august 28 when the college football season starts nothing is going on the network from 14-27 its just repalys of games.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/first_day_of_sec_network_progr.html

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Verizon has been moving some channels around over the past few days, which is hopefully a good sign. Maybe they are making room for the SEC Network. I hope an announcement would come early next week.
0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

I have to say, I don't quite get this theory.  How much room does the SEC network need?  Is it so big that you can't have any channels around it?

@uaphan wrote:
Verizon has been moving some channels around over the past few days, which is hopefully a good sign. Maybe they are making room for the SEC Network. I hope an announcement would come early next week.
0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

Moving channels here and there to create the right spot for SEC Network....they will want it near all the sports channels. I think they recently moved Outdoor Life Network which is near the ESPN channels. 

0 Likes
akparham1
Enthusiast - Level 1

They've got until 8/28 to get SEC Network...we have no problem paying early termination to move to Bright House to get our football fix. It's absurd that every single other provider has picked up SEC Network and Verizon is still dragging their feet.

ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi every one here is latest news from Verizon that new sec /espn is coming to FIOS PART OF BRAND NEW AGGREMENT WITH DISNEY FOR A 6 years on FIOS TV ABOUT THE PAC 12 NETWORK ISNT COMMING TO FIOS AT ALL BECAUSE BEEN LOSING MONEY  THAT WHY IN NEW YORK THERE MORE BIG TEN FANS ACC FANS AND SEC FANS THAT WHY AND ACC IS COMMING TO NEW YORK CITY  WITH SYRACUSE JOINNIING THE ACC AND RUTGERS JOING THE  BIG TEN AND MANHATTAN COLLEGE WILL PLAYING LOT OF THE BIG TIME SCHOOLS  MAAC NOW PART OF THE HALL OF FAME DEAL HAVING HALL OF FAME TIP OFF CLASSIC AND CALLING THE DISNEY BASKETBALL CLASSIC ON ESPN SO GETTING MORE GAMES EVER LIKE NBC SPORTS NETWORK CBS SPORTS NETWORK TOO MORE FOOTBALL GAMES AND NCAA BASKETBALL  GAMES WILL BE ON FIOS TV AGING SEC IS MOVING TO ESPN NEXT SEASON LEAVING CBS SPORTS FOR GOOD WILL SEE MORE GAMES ON THE ESPN NETWORK NEXT SEASON IN 2015-16 DO FORGET ESPN IS THE HOME OFF 2015 COLLEGE PLAYOFF CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES YES KEEP THE BOWL SYSTEM PART OF THE PLAYOFFS SO AND MORE OVER 1000 FOOTBALL GAMES BE ON ALL SPORTS NETWORKS AND NCAA BASKETBALL OVER ,2,500 NCAA COLLEGE BASKETBALL ON ESPN THIS YEAR AND ALL SPORTS NETWORKS INC NCAA FINAL FOUR WILL BE ON TNT THIS YEAR TRU TV AND CBS SPORTS FOR 2014-15 SEASON SO DONT WORRY OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
So when will it be announced????
0 Likes
aggienpg
Enthusiast - Level 2
That would provide more confidence if it was written by a human.
0 Likes