Re: SEC Network/sports networks
AggieYell
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is getting ridiculous.  Don't see the point in paying these guys this much money for no SEC Network.  Will switch on Friday.  The alternatives suck but better than FIOS if this is their level of customer service.

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

FXX HD channel 584 was moved today to channel 691. 584 is right next to the Big 10 Network and the ESPN channels so I hope this is a good sign...looking for any sign of hope. Come on Verizon please get this done!!!!

0 Likes
toml319
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called Verizon to inquire about status and was told that Verizon would begin carrying the SEC network on August 17.  I hope that is truth and not fiction.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Wow, I hope that us true. This is the first date I have actually heard. Did they say what the channel number would be??
0 Likes
bluedevil2002
Enthusiast - Level 3

@uaphan wrote:

FXX HD channel 584 was moved today to channel 691. 584 is right next to the Big 10 Network and the ESPN channels so I hope this is a good sign...looking for any sign of hope. Come on Verizon please get this done!!!!

As I've mentioned before, 84 is where Fox Sports 2 is moving, to be besides Fox Sports 1.  If/when Verizon adds FS2HD, it will go on 584.

If anything, SECN will go in the 590s, or maybe the lower 580s, depending on how the regional sports channels are structured.

0 Likes
RogBurt
Enthusiast - Level 1

As many have said, if no resolution by the 21st, will switch in order to receive the SEC network to watch my Aggies.

Gig Em

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I get the feeling Verizon is waiting this out to see what impacts of not carrying the SEC network has for them. I'm sure they feel it may have minimal to no impact because of their stance on the Pac 12 Network. But I"m sure in areas of the south it will have a pretty big impact, The SEC is huge in the south and not being able to get their football games and in some areas basketball will have a huge impact on Verizon. But will it be enough overall? I'm not sure. I don't know how many customers they have in SEC states?

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1
《just called Verizon to inquire about status and was told that Verizon would begin carrying the SEC network on August 17.  I hope that is truth and not fiction.》

I feel like if they had a hard date like that there would already be a press release. if nothing is announced by Wednesday im bouncing to make sure I can get satellite installed by the 28th for the Carolina game.

0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

This seems highly unlikely.  I just canceled my Verizon service today and gave the SEC Network as the primary reason for doing so.  If there was a date known for the SEC Network coming to Verizon, you can bet the representative would have said something.

Incidentally, when I turned in my equipment, the person I gave it to said that a lot of people have been complaining about the SEC network not being offered.

@2001 wrote:
《just called Verizon to inquire about status and was told that Verizon would begin carrying the SEC network on August 17.  I hope that is truth and not fiction.》

I feel like if they had a hard date like that there would already be a press release. if nothing is announced by Wednesday im bouncing to make sure I can get satellite installed by the 28th for the Carolina game.

sgrounds22

Maybe, but don't expect a call center to be on the same page as the corporate office.  You will tend to get conflciting information based on who you talk to.

0 Likes