Re: SEC Network/sports networks
bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed. They might as well have said that the SEC Network is coming August 32nd

0 Likes
douggercats
Enthusiast - Level 1

Need SEC or I will be switching to DirecTV.

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
What is the reason Verizon refuses to add the SEC Network or even let us know if they are going to?? Obviously all of these other major providers feel like they should and verizon just refuses to.
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, but if they are hemoraging subscribers in the South as bad as they seem to be, you'd think they would make sure their retention people are informed.

@sgrounds22 wrote:

Maybe, but don't expect a call center to be on the same page as the corporate office.  You will tend to get conflciting information based on who you talk to.

0 Likes
SEC Network Now Please!
Southern_Boy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Fios will be set up on Friday of this week. I have a co-worker who has Fios. He told me that Verizon sent out a message on TV saying that they will have the SEC Network come Thursday morning. This is the day the network is supposed to launch. I love your prices and the channel selection. But..... if you all do not carry the network soon or atleast by the time the first game comes on I will leave. Remember, I have the 30 day trail and I will use it if I can't watch the first game on August 28.

At the very least you all need to put out a message saying that you all are negotiating with ESPN. Consumer anxiety is not good for business.

Re: SEC Network Now Please!
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

And this momentus news has escaped notice by the news media or the SEC?

@Southern_Boy wrote:

I have a co-worker who has Fios. He told me that Verizon sent out a message on TV saying that they will have the SEC Network come Thursday morning.

sportsdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Southern_Boy wrote:

My Fios will be set up on Friday of this week. I have a co-worker who has Fios. He told me that Verizon sent out a message on TV saying that they will have the SEC Network come Thursday morning. This is the day the network is supposed to launch. I love your prices and the channel selection. But..... if you all do not carry the network soon or atleast by the time the first game comes on I will leave. Remember, I have the 30 day trail and I will use it if I can't watch the first game on August 28.

At the very least you all need to put out a message saying that you all are negotiating with ESPN. Consumer anxiety is not good for business.

No message on my TV about FIOS adding the SEC network! My neighbor has Comcast and he said they put out a message recently. I think your co-worker is having some fun with you! As of this morning in talking with a Verizon tech support person there is nothing new to report on the SEC! It doesn't sound promising at this point!

JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

Just signed up for Verizon less than a month ago.  If no kind of deal with the SEC Network is announced before the start of the season, I'll be getting out within the 30 day window and going to DirecTV.

flight3428
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have called Comcast and they are coming to my apartment on Friday August 15th to set up Xfinity.  I will cancel and stay with Verizon but if there is no announcement made by then I will be left with no other choice but to swtich and I am not going through the headache of switching back to Verizon if the SEC Network is added later.  I have no problem with Verizon passing the cost of adding this network along to the consumer, just carry it please.  Thank you, I hope I am still a customer at this time on Friday.  

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Verizon is the only provider within the SEC footprint not to offer the SEC Network. Absolutely unacceptable. What can possibly be their reason why?