Re: SEC Network/sports networks
ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi every on Verizon has not made any deal getting ESPN/SEC NEW NETWORK AT THIS POINT ISNT BE ON ANY VERIZON FIOS AROUND THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW IM SORRY ONLY ESPN MEDIA ZONE TELL YOU OK ON CHECK YOU FIOS MESSENGER CENTER ON YOU FIOS TV GO TO MENU THE PUSH MESSENGER CENTER FIOS LET YOU KNOWOK THANK YOU VERY MUCH PEOPLE BEEN SAYING FIOS GET NEW ESPN/SECNETWORK I WIIL CHECK ITTOINGHTOK

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
The post above isn't making sense...is Verizon getting the SEC Network or not???
0 Likes
Boyd90277
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jmurphy22 wrote:

A lot of empty threats in this thread.

Nope, no empty threat here. Time Warner arriving tomorrow morning (8/13) to install new service. 

seaspur
Enthusiast - Level 2

...because only a fraction have gone through with them yet.

I have Brighthouse scheduled to come out on the 26th to install cable/internet. If Verizon reaches a deal, then I will cancel that appointment.

However, Verizon offers what the next guy does except for SEC Network...and will I miss my football games and other Gamecock events on the network because Verizon decided to put themselves in a corner? Surely not.

Verizon may think things are okay right now and not adding the channel will save them $$$...but the damage will really start to increase in 48 hours when the channel goes live. From that point until the 28th, they will drop like flies until a deal is made.

FYI, I don't have any Early Termination Fee with Verizon and right now Brighthouse is offering a $100 bill credit for anyone who switches.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

FWIW, I called today and the lady I spoke with put me on hold and checked with "floor support" whatever that is. She said that Verizon was in final negotiations with the SEC Network and would make a decision if they would carry it or not by August 15th. 

0 Likes
RVABulldog

I just got off the phone with Verizon.  The company line is "we are still in negotiations".  No date or timeframe was givent.

0 Likes
toml319
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a Phone Rep told me yesterday that Verizon would begin carrying the SEC Network on August 17, I called today to verify and got a different version.  Today I was told that there is no agreement yet but negotiations are in progress.  I requested to speak with a supervisor about why I was misinformed yesterday. I was told he was on another call and after a fifteen minute wait I gave up.  I believe Verizon has reached the point of telling coustomers whatever it takes to avoid cancellation of service.

0 Likes
Rudygohogs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called and asked the Verizon rep I was connected with. He told me they just received an email about the SEC Network, took a minute to look it up and read it to me. He said, they will carry the SEC Network but won't have it by launch date (the 14th), they will however have it prior to the first game on the 28th.

I can only hope he was being honest.

Aler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recommend every one who follows college sports leave fios as soon as possible, I have called everyone i can including the office of the president to ask about the sec network. they refuse to admit they even know what the sec network is, shows a stunning lack of concern over customers wishes. i know they are holding out for better rates but its getting old

OrangeT

I can't believe NASA will make the SEC network available in space, but Verizon will not carry it. I fully expected Verizon to carry the network and have not checked on anything else, but I guess it is time to start contacting the other providers since it appears that Verizon will not get its act together. 

0 Likes