Re: SEC Network/sports networks
pprhngr42
Enthusiast - Level 2
I checked the message center on my tv, nothing about SEC Network. I'm moving on 9/15. If Verizon doesn't have it by then, I'll get Comcast. Verizon has all this sport channels they say, but one of the biggest, they won't get.
0 Likes
When will you be wrapping up SEC Network negotiations?
AgBonfire
I've enjoyed my Verizon TV service but will be moving back to Dish Network if you don't have the SEC Network by the A&M v SC game.
0 Likes
SEC Network
Bomber1

Request that Verizon carry the SEC Network.  I've been waiting patiently for word they have secured the network but as the rollout date comes closer I am searching for a cable company that better meets my needs.  I urge others to petition Verizon or vote with your feet..  SEC Power!

0 Likes
Re: SEC Network
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

I'm being nice and giving them till the day before the first game of the season. 

maddog521

Y'all realize that, according to the ESPN College Football Schedule page (where it tells you what time and channel each game is on), ALL of the games that are going to be on SEC Network will also be available on WatchESPN, right?

Assuming you have a decent internet provider (i.e. Verizon) you can still watch every game that's going to be on the SEC Network.

Sure, it's not quite as convenient as just flipping the channel but it covers you from having to go through the pain of switching providers and possibly paying early termination fees.

The only thing you'll be missing is the other programming on SEC Network which may or may not even be any good.

Just my $.02.

0 Likes
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

It's my understanding that the SEC Network games will only be available online for those whose provider provides the SEC Network tv station.

0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

The games will only be available live on WatchESPN if your TV package includes a subscription to the SEC Network.

For live games, you have to log in with your credentials from your TV provider (Verizon in this case) and it will validate that your subscription includes that channel.

So say that you had basic cable and so you get ESPN and ESPN2, but not ESPNU.  You will be able to see ESPN and ESPN2 games on WatchESPN, but you won't be able to see ESPNU games.

@maddog52 wrote:

Y'all realize that, according to the ESPN College Football Schedule page (where it tells you what time and channel each game is on), ALL of the games that are going to be on SEC Network will also be available on WatchESPN, right?

Assuming you have a decent internet provider (i.e. Verizon) you can still watch every game that's going to be on the SEC Network.

Sure, it's not quite as convenient as just flipping the channel but it covers you from having to go through the pain of switching providers and possibly paying early termination fees.

The only thing you'll be missing is the other programming on SEC Network which may or may not even be any good.

Just my $.02.

0 Likes
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

Can I pay to subscribe to the network online, Pay-Per-View or via ESPN3 if I can’t get it on TV?

No. The games will be exclusive to the network and its digital extensions.

http://www.gatorzone.com/listings/?p=sec-network-faq

0 Likes
maddog521

hmmm, I guess that's possible.  I've never heard that before.  If so, it's back to the ledge!!!

0 Likes
maddog521

@HokieDave wrote:

The games will only be available live on WatchESPN if your TV package includes a subscription to the SEC Network.

For live games, you have to log in with your credentials from your TV provider (Verizon in this case) and it will validate that your subscription includes that channel.

So say that you had basic cable and so you get ESPN and ESPN2, but not ESPNU.  You will be able to see ESPN and ESPN2 games on WatchESPN, but you won't be able to see ESPNU games.

Okay, my $.02 is worthless.  I'm definitely going back to the ledge now!!

0 Likes