Re: SEC Network/sports networks
HouseRulz1

FiOS' overall sports package really has about 5 steps below DirecTV (which I can no longer get due to the orientation of my building); but then so has everyone elses. However, now that every other provider in my area has SEC Network and FiOS doesn't, it actually may make sense to pay the ETF and go back to old-fashioned cable.

I'll lose some internet speed, but then the only thing I really ever wanted 75Mbps for was to watch Netflix, which FiOS throttles. What a disappointment this service has been. 

0 Likes
jmurphy22
Enthusiast - Level 3

@dorjwill wrote:

Looks like they have turned off the comments section of the FiOS Facebook page.  Guess they didn't want to deal witht the substantial increase in heat that is coming tommorrow.  See, somebody over at VZ is paying attention.

How many times did you post in the comments section complaining about the SEC network? Maybe they banned you.. I can post there just fine. It's like this thread decided to spam the facebook page trying to get the attention of Fios. They'll get the network before the start of the football season. BOOK IT!!!!

0 Likes
Re: SEC Network
kam2265
I agree that Verizon needs to add the SEC network. Verizon needs to get the deal done by Aug 28th. The SEC is the hottest football conference with a ton of fans that are current Verizon customers that will leave to join another provider that does carry the SEC.
0 Likes
auburnclemson
I will also be leaving Verizon if they do not add sec network. We gave to to be able to see our games!
0 Likes
Re: SEC Network
Nvancleve
I just added Fios. I asked if the agent if they are going to have it. He checked with a manager and then proceeded to tell me that they would have it before the season starts and they were working on getting it. I trusting that they were being honest about the information.
0 Likes
Nitty1
Shame on you Verizon....... Tomorrow is the launch of the SEC Network and you people are not carrying it. If you can't please your customers then get out of the business. It's not like you don't charge enough for your services.
I hope all all your customers who have been asking for the SEC network leave Verizon and go elsewhere...... You don't deserve us as customers.....especially those who have been loyal to you for many many years. Any early termination fee is worth paying.
What could you possibly be still negotiating that couldn't have been settled over the past year.
In the words of Daffy Duck......You're Dispicable
0 Likes
Waltman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am an ACC fan. Please get the SEC network. that is all.

0 Likes
DoubleDuse

LAUNCH DAY!! I just called customer service to see if they had any more news about the SEC Network and the lady said that they had not recieved anymore news about the channel being added to the lineup. She also said that she'd had several calls about it already this morning. So everyone should call in and get your voice heard if you want this channel!!!!! I also asked her what my ETF would be, so I told her that Brighthouse is covering customers fees to switch and that I would call back. She didn't bat an eye. She even told me what options to push on the self service menu. So obviously they don't give a rats **bleep** if they retain customers or not!!! They are making the choice very easy to make, people need to call in and get their voice heard!!!

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

I called this morning and reminded them that today is the launch day for the SEC Network. I again got the same "we are currently in negotiations" answer we have been getting for months. 

0 Likes
Malcolm11
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK folks:  Just remember your place and don't complain.  Just who do you think you are?  Remember--You are ONLY the customer and you don't count.  I am sick of being lied to;  I simply have no faith in FIOS.  I have been complaining about the SEC network situation for months now.  My contract ends in September and all I have received is a "sweet" note from Verizon that I can renew NOW or risk my rates going up!   No mention of the SEC network queries I have made.  What do I care?  No SEC--then no more worry---I will be gone.   Then it will become my duty to complain on every consumer website I can locate.  FIOS has been a good network with really crappy management.  I am angry and bitter.  

0 Likes