Re: SEC Network
rcaggie1

Well said, I'm doing the same

0 Likes
Re: SEC Network/sports networks
rcaggie1

I hope they are and not just stalling to not lose customers!

0 Likes
rcaggie1

I guess Verizon will get a short bump in revenue based on all the cancellation fees, but will suffer with new customers.  

0 Likes
Southern_Boy
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. The PAC 12 Network is different. It is a culture thing. The vast majority of people in the PAC 12 market are not die hard college football fans. I lived in Cali for a while so I know. Life goes on in Cali if you cant watch USC, USC or Stanford. There is Hollywood, San Fran, beaches, etc. There is no such thing in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Kentucky, Arkansas, etc. Sure Florida has nice beaches, But for the native Floridian it is all Gator day on Saturday. That is why they WILL NOT get the Pac 12 network. Down south we are dialed in to college football way more than anyone out west is. I feel sorry for PAC 12 fans.

0 Likes
jimbo327
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same blanket answer, still in negotiations. Gave my one week warning calling DirectTV to ensure they can get it up and running before 08/28 Go Gamecocks!

Re: SEC Network
Kicka
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are lots of decent games other than in the SEC. It was rude of you to say what you did. However I suspect the person in charge of negotiations for the SEC Network is most likely a Longhorn. I would be curious to find out who is in charge and where they went to school.

0 Likes
Karene01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I might have to go back to DirectTV so I can get my SEC Network channels again.  Not overly happy with Verizon anyway.

Southern_Boy
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is further proof Verizon is making room for the SEC Network. Just yesterday and everyday before it, The Longhorn Network was available on Preferred for new customers. But now it is only available on the Ultimate package and up. In other words, the SEC will take its place in the regular package and get a HD channel in addition. Read between the lines people.

celticvolut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have told Verizon on 3 seperate occasion that I want them to get the SEC Network and would leave if they didn't. IF they don't have it by the time the season starts I will be switching to Comcast. While I don't like Comcast, I do LOVE the SEC. I am not locked into a plan so there will be no fee for me to cancel. The clock is ticking...tick...tock. 

JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

The problem is that Verizon doesn't care about its customers.  As many here have already testified, when they told Verizon they were switching providers because they don't have the SEC Network, Verizon was glad to let them go.  If a company doesn't care about losing customers, then there's simply nothing you can do at that point.

But, also, they have demonstrated that they don't care about their customers simply by being so tight-lipped about where they stand with regard to the SEC Network.  Are you truly in negotiations?  Tell us.  Have you written if off?  Tell us.  A company that refuses to communicate with its customers is not a company to do business with.

We've got 30+ pages of people complaining and begging for information from Verizon and I suspect this represents a drop in the bucket of the overall # customers who want the SEC Network on Verizon, yet they have failed to weigh in and tell us ANYTHING.

All you can do is switch providers which, as mentioned above, Verizon doesn't seem to care about.  And, if a company doesn't care about losing customers, then you can bet your bottom dollar they don't care about the customer at all.

0 Likes