Re: SEC Network/sports networks
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I contacted Verizon via chat and was told it's coming within the next three weeks, then he mentioned in a few days.  Not sure what to believe.

0 Likes
GregY
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I bet it shows up on the 27th or 28th, but I'll be gone by them.  

0 Likes
jmurphy22
Enthusiast - Level 3

You just put the pin in the party hog now. TWC just called to notify me that they are in route to my house. You have exactly 22 minutes to get the SEC network or I'm making the switch. You hear me Verizon? I'll do it, I really will!. If I can't watch 14 days of the Finebaum show and SEC classics (Even if I don't watch them, it should be my right as a Verizon costomer and an SEC fan to want to be able to watch them)leading up to kickoff on the 28th of August, then, Fios probably isn't the right cable service for me. It pains me to leave after being a loyal costomer for 5 years but you leave me no other alternatives. The silence is deafening which only means one thing. There is no way you'll have the network by kickoff on the 28th. I admire your moxie. If TWC or Comcast jumped off the Brooklyn bridge, why should Verizon? You just don't understand football in the south. If your competitors jump off the Brooklyn bridge, you have to be willing to make that same sacrifice or you're seen as being weak or fragile. Oh, why Verizon? Why would you do this to me? I guess this is it unless you get on the ball and order the SECN.

You now have 17 minutes left.

GregY
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm right behind you.  Wendy at Verizon just comfirmed that Verizon has no intention of picking up the SEC Network until at least 8/28 because they don't want to pay ESPN for 14 days before the first game.  I guess the don't appreciate the rabid fan base of SEC Football (even old reruns) or Paul Finebaum.  My Conference can beat Your Conference.  I never thought I would say it but Time Warner beats Verizon.

0 Likes
GregY
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, can't even copy and paste.  Verizon doesn't want to publicize the fact that they are the only one of the top 10 cable companies that don't have the SEC Network right now.  They save a few $'s by not picking it up until 8/28.  I hope their strategy backfires and ESPN sticks it to them when the games start and all the patient Verizon subscribers are abandoning ship.

0 Likes
SEC Network!
coachmouchet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why are you the ONLY cable provider in the Tampa, Florida area that is NOT carrying the SEC network????

All of my friends who have Brighthouse, Comcast, etc will be getting the SEC network starting August 14th.  However, I will not!  The SEC network will broadcast 6 SEC football games the first weekend that I will not be able to see.

I would really hate to change my cable provider, but you guys are pushing it.

0 Likes
Re: SEC Network!
MDCH

It is not just Tampa.  I won't be watching SEC football games on my Verizon network in the DC metro market either.  While others watch SEC football on Comcast or Dish, I will be watching Full House reruns on Verizon. 

#howmanySaturydaysdoesittakemetoswitch

0 Likes
jrterrier121
Enthusiast - Level 1
I just downloaded the app and it won't play the network because Verizon doesn't carry it.
0 Likes
Re: SEC Network!
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

Don't waste your breath.  Nobody at Verizon is reading this forum (or if they are they don't have the stones to reply).  I've never met a company so afraid of their own customers.

All I really care about is whether they will have by the opening game of the season.

0 Likes
SEC Network
footslider

I will be switching carriers in the next 3 weeks if they do not offer the SEC ESPN channel. This is an insult because they have the Big Ten network. I live in Florida.

0 Likes