Re: SEC Network!
DoubleDuse

We called Brighthouse last night and they are not paying peoples early termination fees. Bummer.... One of the other companies that were holding out just announced last night so hopefully they are still working on it.

0 Likes
mjstevens32
Enthusiast - Level 1

you guys have a week to get SEC network in NJ already have comcast installation scheduled.  embarassing 

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon did a lot of switching networksaround on the channels yesterday and still no SEC network. I have lost all hope now. Unless they lose massive amounts of customers they won't get it. Too stubborn in their negotiations and just don't car eenough about the customer base. 

I'm basically stuck with them. I'm under contract until next June. I'll never go back to DISH because of a horrible experience with them.DTV may be an option if they get access to the ESPN Watch app but if the don't I won't consider them again. The horror stories I've heard about Comcast makes me think I'll never consider them. I'll just remember this when Verizon wants me to upgrade anything. No thank you.

0 Likes
Re: SEC Network/sports networks
dorjwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its Friday morning and Verizon still doesn't give a crap.

bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on the phone right now with Verizon and they have NO clue what the SEC Network is. It is truly sad that the front line folks have no clue. Folks, we need to hammer the phone lines with our requests and encourage them to pass the message up along the chain to leadership. If Verizon will not educate their staff, we need to do it.

HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

I am really kinda surprised by Verizon here. 

In the past, they have been something of an ESPN early adopter.  They were one of the first, if not the first, to offer ESPN360.  They picked up the Longhorn Network early on.  They carried ESPNU from the day FIOS launched (ESPNU was only on a small handful of providers at the time - the joke used to be that the U stood for "unseen").

What has happened?  Verizon's superior sports coverage was what originally led me to switch, but they have stagnated.

dax2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on with them right now.  They have never heard of the SEC Network.  Seriously?  

dax2
Enthusiast - Level 1

They told me they will know by Tuesday

0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

That sounds like the "say anything to prevent you from leaving" playbook.

@dax wrote:

They told me they will know by Tuesday

bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I was on the phone, I was also online. The online guy said that it would likely be right before or soon after the kick-off before the channel is added. The guy on the phone said something similar.