Re: SEC Network/sports networks
Vegasbmac
Enthusiast - Level 1
Just talked to a representative, threatened to cancel, said sorry deal at least a month out...need to go find another provider now 😞
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Fios is now trolling all of us about the SEC Network. On their official Facebook page they now have a #FootballisBack and "Catch it all with Verizon" banner and message with NO mention of the SEC Network....unbelievable!!!

They are now playing games with us

Razor2633
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brighthouse came today and I took my Verizon equipment to turn in and cancel at the same time. I was asked why and I told them because you don't have the SEC Network. The agent got an attitude and said I jumped the gun and said they will have it by the first game. I stated the network started yesterday and was announced months ago. Plenty of time for negotiations. They offered me $30 per month for 12 months to stay. Of course I said too late. Unbelievable!

HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

Yankees don't realize that college football exists.  They think that "football" is that boring game played between millionaires where you can lose seven games and still be the national champion.

College football is real football - we're not rooting for some business that we have no relationship to - we're rooting for our own school that we chose and where we spent four(ish) years of our lives bonding with our schoolmates.  Virginia Tech is MY school.  The Redskins are a company owned by a billionaire  that happens to be near me geographically and to whom I have no more allegiance than I do to the power company.

@uaphan wrote:

Verizon Fios is now trolling all of us about the SEC Network. On their official Facebook page they now have a #FootballisBack and "Catch it all with Verizon" banner and message with NO mention of the SEC Network....unbelievable!!!

susans19

I just spoke to a rep that said they WILL be carrying the channel starting on the 17th.  However she did not know if it would be a part of a package or a separate item.  More details on the 17th.

0 Likes
beachbums624
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after 4 years of paying for Ultimate everything you have . I will be leaving fios if I miss a single Tennessee game because your negotiating skills are bad .

SECFanUpEast
Enthusiast - Level 3

Susans19

Thanks for sharing the information they gave you; it's interesting to see the range of responses.  Seems like we are missing the month and the year though! Smiley Happy

I truly feel sorry for the reps on the front line  - they are in the dark as much as we are.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

@HokieDave wrote:

Yankees don't realize that college football exists.  They think that "football" is that boring game played between millionaires where you can lose seven games and still be the national champion.

College football is real football - we're not rooting for some business that we have no relationship to - we're rooting for our own school that we chose and where we spent four(ish) years of our lives bonding with our schoolmates.  Virginia Tech is MY school.  The Redskins are a company owned by a billionaire  that happens to be near me geographically and to whom I have no more allegiance than I do to the power company.

@uaphan wrote:

Now that the SEC Network is showing the early SEC games instead of the local JP station, I cannot miss an Alabama game. As you know Alabama football is a religion and our fans are insane and will do ANYTHING to watch our games. I hope we are getting closer to Verizon finally reaching an agreement. However the inconsisent messages being told to us by the Verizon reps is concerning. 

GatorBait08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've called every single day about this since last week.  I literally just spoke to a rep who told me that I'm the first person who's ever called her about the SEC Network.  She said that even if Verizon doesn't pick it up at least I should be able to go to "SECnetwork.com" in order to watch it.....ugh.  I'm almost at the point where I'll start losing sleep over this.  I'm switching this weekend.

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

@Razor2633 wrote:

Brighthouse came today and I took my Verizon equipment to turn in and cancel at the same time. I was asked why and I told them because you don't have the SEC Network. The agent got an attitude and said I jumped the gun and said they will have it by the first game. I stated the network started yesterday and was announced months ago. Plenty of time for negotiations. They offered me $30 per month for 12 months to stay. Of course I said too late. Unbelievable!

Tell them their first live game was today. A UK basketball game. UK fans are fanatics for their basketball as much as most are about football. I'll be missing three UK games in the Bahamas this weekend because of Verzon's stupidity. Really sad they care so little for their customers.