Re: SEC Network/sports networks
Malcolm11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so sick of the sell, sell , sell attitude of Verizon without giving me the time of day on whether they will have the SEC network. I was told "I am sure we will have it before the first game...".   What crap--you will either have it or you won't.  Don't play silly games.  I was ambivilant about FIOS before, but now I am angry.  I just don't want any crap from them, and I have been seeking rates from other carriers.  {please keep your posts courteous}  Must  be a bunch of Yankees as besty I can determine.  They simply are tone deaf with their customers.  

bmrgn39
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a die-hard Gator who is just as impatient as the rest of you. I believe they'll have it by the 28th (blind hope?) but am more than anything disappointed at Verizon's tight-lipped ignoring of their customer base on the topic.

Now, with that said, I also work in Customer Service for a very popular entertainment company and am cringing at the way some of you say you are treating the guys on the other side of the phone. It's not their fault the corporate office is dragging their feet. It's not their fault upper management isn't communicating to them any more than they are to us, their customers. It's not their fault the ones who may know more are not allowed to say. Do you think the company is going to allow Joe Shmoe who works in the call center to release details that they're obviously witholding from the world? Many of you who weren't offered the bribe to stay... probably didn't treat your customer service rep very well. Trust me, I know from experience, customers who treat customer service like crap get crap offers in return. 

Keep fighting the good fight and stick it to the corporate snails... but have a heart and be nice to the customer service folks. It's not their fault. They don't get paid enough for you to yell at them over something they have absolute ZERO power over.

VERIZON GIVE US THE SEC NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And Go Gators! 🙂

sportsdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Called Verizon Corporate office in NY on Friday to complain about them not reaching an Agreement on the SEC Network.Person took my 'phone# and said a person familiar with the situation would call me, which she did. I was told that Verizon is in ongoing talks with ESPN on the SEC Network and that they are trying to get the best deal for their customers, so as to not have to raise rates. ( REALLY!) I was also told that they are well aware that the first live televise game isn't until later in the month! When I told this person that I believe they are losing customers by not commenting about this network, I was told that they have no reports of customers leaving as of yet due to them not having the SEC yet! I would say that the evecutive office is completely "out of touch" with their customers on this matter. When I mentioned that they never picked up the PAC12 network last year she said what's the PAC12?

If you want to voice your displeasure to the Corporate Office you can google this Office info in New York.

My take is that they will reach an Agreement right before the 8/28 games.

streetsma
Enthusiast - Level 3

Correct.    They   are  only   puppets   for  the  establishment   with  no  decision  making  authority   at  all.

as  with   everything   in  corporate  America ,   the  decision  makers   are  always  hidden  behind  closed  doors , and  petrified   to  step   out   and   speak  with  the  paying  customer.

If   they  think  that    not  carrying   the  SEC  NETWORK   is  a    smart    business   decision,    then  they  need   to  step  out  into  the  real   world  every  once   in  a  while.

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

I will be calling the Corporate offices on Monday to voice my anger and frustration over the SEC Network. If they believe that no one is cancelling due to them not offering then they are not reading any of their reports or listening to their reps. 

SEC Network
kbhumphreys
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon; get on with it and get the SEC network for your customers NOW. I will make a change for this reason

douggercats
Enthusiast - Level 1
Already missing 3 uk games in the Bahamas. Verizon's track record with me has been less than stellar. Gone to directv next week if sec network is not added!!!
jolowe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if anyone on this thread has tried contacting the Corporate Executives but here is a link:

{edited for privacy} ......I contacted {edited for privacy}, the Chief Communications Officer and got a phone call from an executive assistance. She indicated they were still in negotiations which we all know. I told her Verizon is the little fish with only 5 million subscribers compared with the others that add up to 90+ million. The rates are already set, there is nothing to negotiate. She had no good response to that. Think about flooding these folks with messages so that these pinheads/bean counters hear what is going on out in the heatland, away from the glass house.

jl234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read this article on the Dallas Morning News this morning. From the article... 

When Longhorn Network debuted in 2011, Verizon Fios was the only major carrier to jump on board. Now, Verizon Fios (5.3 million subscribers) and Cablevision (3.1 million) are the only majors not carrying SEC Network. Neither carrier considers the Southeastern Conference a major part of its footprint although Verizon Fios is big in Texas and Florida.

Clearly VZ didn't see the value in the SEC Network for their customers and found out too late they were wrong. Now they are behind the curve and trying to negotiate a deal from a position of weakness (thus, why they are silent on the matter). The price is set and Disney/ABC will play hardball with VZ because they are last and a small customer base compared to the other carriers on board. 

My guess is if they miss the first weekend, no deal will be made this season. I'm not willing to gamble on them getting this done. I'll be going back to DirecTV.

A large miscalculation by VZ and unfortunately the only way to tell them in a way that matters is to leave.

Enthusiast - Level 1

ordered direct tv today.  couldnt wait any longer to take my chances on missing SEC football games.