Re: SEC Network/sports networks
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

I have a friend's ESPN3/Watch ESPN app user id and pw as he has another provider that offers the SEC Network -this is my temporary solution until Verizon comes to their senses and reaches an agreement. 

0 Likes
JnyReb
Enthusiast - Level 2
Can anybody think of a good reason to stick with verizon when they are so unresponsive on a product that is so obviously popular that every other company carries it? What is it that verizon has that others don't?
0 Likes
streetsma
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JnyReb wrote:
Can anybody think of a good reason to stick with verizon when they are so unresponsive on a product that is so obviously popular that every other company carries it? What is it that verizon has that others don't?

I'm    with    you  on  that.   Also,   what  is  their  thinking  as   to  being  the  only  cable  provider  to  not  carry  the   SEC  NETWORK ?    Why    are  the  decision  makers  afraid   to  communicate  with  the  paying  customers  DIRECTLY ?

Have  read  responses that    VERIZON  is  using  the   SEC  NETWORK   as  leverage  for  other   ABC/DISNEY  channels?

Is   the  SEC  NETWORK   concerned   about  surviving   with  out  a  contract  agreement  with  VERIZON ?

Not  at   all  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What    is  the  customer  GAIN   down  the  road    by  VERIZON   not  having  an  agreement   with  the  SEC  NETWORK ?

IT'S    time  for  the   decision    makers   to  step  up  to  the  microphone.

sportsdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

@streetsma wrote:

@JnyReb wrote:

I'm    with    you  on  that.   Also,   what  is  their  thinking  as   to  being  the  only  cable  provider  to  not  carry  the   SEC  NETWORK ?    Why    are  the  decision  makers  afraid   to  communicate  with  the  paying  customers  DIRECTLY ?

Have  read  responses that    VERIZON  is  using  the   SEC  NETWORK   as  leverage  for  other   ABC/DISNEY  channels?

Is   the  SEC  NETWORK   concerned   about  surviving   with  out  a  contract  agreement  with  VERIZON ?

Not  at   all  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What    is  the  customer  GAIN   down  the  road    by  VERIZON   not  having  an  agreement   with  the  SEC  NETWORK ?

IT'S    time  for  the   decision    makers   to  step  up  to  the  microphone.

I agree with you, but it won't happen! Person I spoke with last Friday at Verizon Corporate made it very clear that they will NOT comment about ongoing negotiations with Networks just as they will not comment on union negotiations. It's Company policy. The only way we will hear anything is if and when they reach a deal on the SEC network! They don't care about their customers at all!

0 Likes
NTXDFW
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have been with Verizon Fios for 11 years and them not picking up the SEC network as of yet isn't a surprise to me, they will eventually. They also probably won't cave in to threats of people leaving to sign on with other providers, since they can be just as bad or even worse. Cable tv is what it is, you either have it or you don't and it makes no difference who you are with. I had Directv for many years and dumped them when they wouldn't upgrade my equipment, do they miss me, nope and I don't miss them and their rain fade. So relax Fios folks, the network will be here eventually, it took ATT quite a while to pick up the Longhorn network after Verizon already had it. How many folks left ATT over that? Go to a sports club to watch games until they get it. Gig 'em Aggies!!!!
0 Likes
UKdude
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not that patient and I'm on a month to month plan with FIOS so I'll leave FIOS in another week if SEC Network doesn't show up.  Comcast has issues but I'll put up with them to watch SEC football and my Kentucky Wildcats play this season. Comcast will make my transition very easy.

jmurphy22
Enthusiast - Level 3

@NTXDFW wrote:
I have been with Verizon Fios for 11 years and them not picking up the SEC network as of yet isn't a surprise to me, they will eventually. They also probably won't cave in to threats of people leaving to sign on with other providers, since they can be just as bad or even worse. Cable tv is what it is, you either have it or you don't and it makes no difference who you are with. I had Directv for many years and dumped them when they wouldn't upgrade my equipment, do they miss me, nope and I don't miss them and their rain fade. So relax Fios folks, the network will be here eventually, it took ATT quite a while to pick up the Longhorn network after Verizon already had it. How many folks left ATT over that? Go to a sports club to watch games until they get it. Gig 'em Aggies!!!!

Fios has only been around since 2005 (9 years). The LHN is a flat out joke. I don't even know how you can make comparisons between the two networks. If anything, Fios probably wishes it could have a redo when it came to the LHN. The holdup probably stems from the increased rates that take affect October 1st.  The increase in rates don't take into account the SEC network. Everything has to be reworked.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29403466-October-Price-Increases

It's easy to play armchair CEO because a bunch of SEC fans see a bunch of posts from hundreds of people and think everybody wants the the SECN, what's Verizons problem? What people don't see is the hundreds/thousands of posts from customers that probably don't want to pay extra for a Network they don't watch. I'm pretty sure Verizon knows the deadline is the 28th and I'm sure Verizon will add it by then. What I don't understand is why everybody is getting bent out of shape because they're missing the Finebaum show  and SEC classics.

SEC TV NETWORK
oaktownraider

Seems as though Verizon FIOS is the only major carrier not yet signed up to carry the SEC Network for its subscribers, Why is this? When will it change? Are we going to be able to get the SEC Network before too much longer?

0 Likes
NYIceQueen
Enthusiast - Level 3

We already pay for a ton of channels we don't watch.  I'm an SEC fan.  I pay for the Big 10 network, Longhorn, Pac 10, the World Fishing Network, NHL network, various MSG channels, etc, etc....and a plethora of other stuff I don't watch either.  But I want the SEC Network, and no I don't mind paying for it.  It's cable.  There will always be networks a very select few watch that some will think "oh who wants that" or "it's not that many people."

Count up how many fans and the success for the SEC Schools in not just football, but basketball, baseball, etc.  Now balance that with a network devoted to ONLY one school (Texas), or a channel based on Fishing.  Or even networks like Al Jazeera, or the 24 hour recipe.TV network. 

There are always going to be folks angry they're paying for something they don't think is "worth" it.  But the huge red flag to Verizon should've been that literally every...single...other...carrier is on board with this.  So if Verizon wants to stay competitive in those areas (Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Missouri), plus even around the country considering how many SEC people there are all over (even here in Buffalo - plenty of SEC fans - more in their gear than the UB Bulls for sure), then they need to make this happen.

I will gladly give up World Fishing Network for some seriously good SEC sports. 

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

@NYIceQueen wrote:

We already pay for a ton of channels we don't watch.  I'm an SEC fan.  I pay for the Big 10 network, Longhorn, Pac 10, the World Fishing Network, NHL network, various MSG channels, etc, etc....and a plethora of other stuff I don't watch either.  But I want the SEC Network, and no I don't mind paying for it.  It's cable.  There will always be networks a very select few watch that some will think "oh who wants that" or "it's not that many people."

Count up how many fans and the success for the SEC Schools in not just football, but basketball, baseball, etc.  Now balance that with a network devoted to ONLY one school (Texas), or a channel based on Fishing.  Or even networks like Al Jazeera, or the 24 hour recipe.TV network. 

There are always going to be folks angry they're paying for something they don't think is "worth" it.  But the huge red flag to Verizon should've been that literally every...single...other...carrier is on board with this.  So if Verizon wants to stay competitive in those areas (Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Missouri), plus even around the country considering how many SEC people there are all over (even here in Buffalo - plenty of SEC fans - more in their gear than the UB Bulls for sure), then they need to make this happen.

I will gladly give up World Fishing Network for some seriously good SEC sports. 

Especially considering the fact that Verizon has customers in the SEC fooprint, albiet not a ton of them. That to me is unbelievable as to why they wouldn't offer the SEC Network. I can see MAYBE Cablevison not offering it but for Verizon not to is just plan ridiculous. 

0 Likes