Re: SEC Network/sports networks
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

I don't know if it means anything, but there are two SEC network channels (a main one and an SEC-2 for if there are multiple conflicting games).  So if you're reading tea leaves into channel moves, you probably want two consecutive ones.

@Wbpitch wrote:
I don't want to get my hopes up but Fios channel 584 (right beside the Big Ten Network -585) has vacated. Please, please, please be preparing that space for the SEC Network in Baltimore!!!
0 Likes
VERIZON NEEDS TO GET ON THE BUS AND ADD THE SEC NETWORK!
Gator22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't think of any valid, reasonable, business reason for Verizon to take a pass on running with the SEC Network. DISH provides and Verizon does not? Seriously? I thought that as Verizon Customers, we paid extra to get extra? VZ EXECUTIVES ARE NOT LISTENING TO THE VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER

Fl4mizzou
Enthusiast - Level 1
You have 1 more week to get the SEC Network before I switch back to DirecTv. I made such a mistake switching in the first place. Your whole house DVR is junk too.
richdenea
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rates may be set (even though everything is negotiable) however, the terms likely aren't.  I'm not for Verizon, and cannot believe they haven't inked a deal for the SEC Network.  And, I defenitely agree, they have lost any ounce of negotiating leverage they might have had.  

I'm sure the SEC Network  wants all the eyeballs they can get, but sure won't bend over for Verizon with only 5 Million customers (even less in the two SEC states they cover).

0 Likes
sec sports network
don131
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will the Sec sports network be available?  The TU longhorn and the big 12 are?  Why not the SEC?  Is Verizon bias towards those schools and against the sec?  I may have to re-think our cable options.

Let's have the SEC Sports Network.

Thanks for considering this request.

JnyReb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon doesn't even appear to be smart enough to get a part of the market that everybody else has.  When all of your competetors have a piece of the pie, you would think they would want a piece of it, too.  It's not like it's a flash in the pan.  It has two channels and EVERYBODY else is on board.  Missing the boat has already happened.  If I was Verizon and trying to compete in the market I think I would be looking to see what others offer that I don't.  Um...duh!!  I predict that when they do offer it, they'll try to charge us $39.95 a month for it.  I would gladly trade the Al Jazeera network for it.

0 Likes
aggiebones

This is unreal.  I actually had to sign up for this forum, just to complain!

I cannot believe the irresponsible feet dragging on this.  You are not getting a special deal.  You OWE us this channel for all the crap channels you are forcing on us, like the longhorn channel.  Why on Earth did you jump on that {please keep your posts courteous} before everyone else, but can't see the great value in the SEC Network.

You are GOING to get it.  We all know you are, but frankly, this **bleep** is why people leave.

We want to see the buildup, enjoy the fun and excitement of the early days of the channel.  

You BETTER get this network before the first game.  

I already stopped you from getting one customer when I told a friend you were not customer oriented, which is the VERY truth.  Your lack of communication is attrocious.  I will be the next customer you lose very soon.

0 Likes
aggiebones

OK, I just called to find out what my termination fee will be.  It is $190 but I have $250 visa card for signing up.  After the friendly person tried to sell me on upgrading to Quantum boxes, which I might do eventually, she said the last note on tne account says they are still in negotiations as of 8-14-2014.  She said that the note will make a determination one way or the other in about a week...just in time for the game or not getting the game.  

I still think it is inexcusable to slow play this when the channel is already live.  Its been coming for a year.

That said, I'll irritatingly hold out for another week, but just having the internet service at $40 and switching back to Direct TV sounds inviting.

They better do this quickly.

0 Likes
Boyd90277
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I am a Kentucky fan, and UK's three games in the Bahamas were televised live on the SECN, I made the switch to TWC last week so I could see them play.

While TWC is no great shakes (I've had them before), they are still preferable to Verizon since they carry the SECN. That's the SEC passion that I don't think Verizon understands, or cares about.

Since Verizon has a HUGE presence in Southern California yet they still have never added the PAC 12 network, I can't see them adding the SECN anytime soon. I could be wrong but, for me, it was not a risk worth taking.

Good luck to all...if there were no other cable provider in the area, I most likely would have opted for DISH.

uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Another day goes by without Verizon commenting or adding the SEC Network. I'm beginning to think it is not going to happen. They keep giving the same canned response to inquiries over and over. Very frustrated and upset at their lack of communication. I'm beginning to think they hate Southerners. Just add the network like every other major provider has please!!!
0 Likes