Re: SEC Network/sports networks
SECFANATIC

I have Direct TV at my weekend place and the SEC Network was added at the time the network went live. I have been more than patient with Verizon. My concern has now grown and I'm wondwering what crazy fee verizon will charge for access to the SEC Netowrk. I have made an order to switch my home account to Direct TV. Too late to keep this account verizon!!!

0 Likes
deweesw
Enthusiast - Level 1

DirecTV will be installed at my place on Thursday.  My cancellation fee is only $60.  Looking forward to having a STB refresh after so many years with Verizon (15 year HSI customer; 8 year FiOS TV customer).

Regardless of whether Verizon picks up SECN or not, they have lost this customer due to the "promise" of ongoing negotiations.

I cannot imagine that ESPN is asking any more of Verizon than they have of the other top 10 carriers.

0 Likes
Dareball
Enthusiast - Level 1
There are 8 alumni households of SEC schools just on our neighborhood circle alone in addition to us, all of which will have scheduled appointments for Xfinity starting in 5 days...either the deal gets done with the SEC Network or Fios is gone....hope your VP & SVP have factored in how many people Fios is going to have to fire when they lose a couple $Million is revenue over the course of the next 2 weeks? Horrible business for this process to still be going...every SEC fan is willing to pay triple the fee just get the deal done. Good luck Fios customer service employees...no need to keep you all around answering SEC fan calls all day once these people have had enough and cancel Fios...have to make it up somewhere, just saying.
SECFanUpEast
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on with Cox now.  Not wild about it. After 9 years and an early FiOS adopter I actually like the service but the way the company has handled this has left me with no choice.

0 Likes
birdiemantx
Enthusiast - Level 2
Just got my quote from Time Warner Cable! Unfortunate as I love fios but I WILL WATCH SEC NETWORK Weekend starting August 28.
0 Likes
birdiemantx
Enthusiast - Level 2
Verizon, you really suck at customer service/communications! Just sayin......
NYIceQueen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd hate to be the person at Verizon HQ who recommended they stick it out because no one was going to care about this. 

Sad thing is my dad has Dish.  He thought about going with Fios because he loved my Fios when he visited up here. Now HE'S the one making fun of ME for not having the SEC network. 

Verizon keeps claiming to be #1, but we're not feeling it.  Silence is deafening sometimes. 

0 Likes
Aggie84

So is there a timeline on gettingt this done.  Thursday 9/28 is he deadline in my book

0 Likes
Southern_Boy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ladies and gents I have a question. How far does the 1st amendment of the US Constitution carry me on this board? I have some pretty colorful phrases to post if Fios does not get the SEC Network by Thursday of next week.

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

Here's an article I found about this subject. It really leaves me very pessimistic about Verizon ever getting the SEC Network. They don't have much incentive since its only available in a very small portion of SEC country. Unless there are a lot of SEC fans that live in the northeast that cancel I really doubt we will ever see this on Verizon. Really a shame they are cheaping out on this. I'll most likely be going away from them when my contract is up next summer and hopefully DirecTV will have the ESPN Watch app access by then.

The author of this article does think Verizon will eventually get it but looking at the map and where Fios is available I just really doubt it. 

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/8/19/6044761/verizons-gambit