Re: SEC Network/sports networks
Shane007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really don't comprehend why Verizon has not added the SEC Network (has 5.3 + million viewers) whereas they were the first to jump all over adding the Longhorn Network (only has 1.6 million, or so, viewers).    They are risking losing quite a few customers in DFW as that market has quite a few alumni from Alabama, Auburn, A&M, Arkansas, LSU, Mississipi, Mississipi State, etc. that reside in that market.   These customers will be left soon with no option but to switch to a provider that does carry SEC Network.   I'd even agree to paying an extra buck to get the SEC Network if it was the only way, but.. that can't be the only way.......

0 Likes
perryke1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@AggieDoc423 wrote:

I've called and emailed multiple times - generally get the same stock response via email or with customer service reps, however have at least had more legit conversations through the corporate office.  I'll remain hopeful for a few more days, then likely be making a move.  There's absolutely no reason for Verizon not to carry the SEC network. 

Call corporate at {edited for privacy}  Continue to let your voice be heard and let's hope they're listening.

AggieDoc,

I called the number you noted. The corporate representatve who answered the call mentioned that her office was getting a lot of calls on the same issue. I  suggested they give out the phone number of their counterparts at SECTV to maket the same request Smiley Tongue

BudinValrico

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
I called the number AggieDoc posted as well and got the same standard answer. One thing Verizon must do very well is train their employees to not give ANY info on this channel and to ALWAYS say the same canned response. Hopefully someone can break one of them and get an actual answer!!
0 Likes
Shane007
Enthusiast - Level 2

They're simply holding us in suspense.   I'm confident they'll get it done..........

SECFanUpEast
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Shane007 wrote:

They're simply holding us in suspense.   I'm confident they'll get it done..........

Yes if you can wait until basketball season Smiley Tongue

WIsh I could share your confidence... if the deal doesn't make sense before 8/14, I'm not sure how it all of a sudden makes sense two weeks later. Hope I'm wrong, but just sayin...

0 Likes
medeski7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't be confident.  If the PAC-12 Network has taught us anything, it's never rely on Verizon when they say negotiations are ongoing. 

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

I am losing confidence more and more as each day goes by. I am holding out hope that they announce something next Wednesday or Thursday just in time but am losing hope. This is ridiculous to make your customers wait and wait, and to not communicate anything is just poor customer service and shows how little Verizon cares about us. 

0 Likes
Shane007
Enthusiast - Level 2

well.... not a good substitute, but... we've always got ESPN 360........

0 Likes
JnyReb
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
SECFanUpEast
Enthusiast - Level 3
@Shane007 wrote:

well.... not a good substitute, but... we've always got ESPN 360........

Right but I don't think ESPN 360/Watch ESPN will work for SEC Network content unless Verizon carries it. 

0 Likes