Re: SEC Network/sports networks
jmathwig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some clarification from the author:

SBD: Verizon Fios agrees to carry SEC Network; 9 of top 10 distributors carry the week-old channel. http://t.co/z7NswD5V1r

— John Ourand (@Ourand_SBJ) August 21, 2014

@Ourand_SBJ Re: Fios and SEC Network. To clarify, will people outside the SEC footprint have the channel on a higher tier package?

— (@jtmathwig) August 21, 2014

@jtmathwig Correct. I don't know what tier it will be on outside SEC territory

— John Ourand (@Ourand_SBJ) August 21, 2014
jonespj14

I live here in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia which is full of SEC graduates and fans since it is a hub for the military. I am constantly seeing SEC school stickers and tags here. Verizon please {please keep your posts courteous} offer it nation wide for all of us before I have to go back to Cox or shift to Direct or Dish.

0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

Our local school in the Hampton Roads area - Old Dominion University - has a game this fall at Vanderbilt.  Though it's far enough out that TV coverage has not been announced, you can bet $$$ it will be on the SEC Network.  Even if you're not a fan of an SEC school, if a team you like plays a game at an SEC school, you need the SEC Network to see it.

@jonespj14 wrote:

I live here in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia which is full of SEC graduates and fans since it is a hub for the military. I am constantly seeing SEC school stickers and tags here. Verizon please {please keep your posts courteous} offer it nation wide for all of us before I have to go back to Cox or shift to Direct or Dish.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
It will be offered nationwide, just on a different tier. I don't understand why it wouldn't be offered on the same or lower tier since they are charging less for customers outside the SEC footprint.
0 Likes
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

I live in Maryland and am on the Preferred tv package...hopefully this will be high enough for the SEC Network. 

0 Likes
RollTideinPA

Would love to see the SEC Network offered nationwide on the same level.  Just because we are outside the SEC doesn't mean we don't have ties to the Southeast.  A huge fan myself with one daughter at Georgia and one daughter at Bama.  I have been calling Comcast today to get switched over and grateful to learn the news today.  There are many households just like myself in the Philly, Jersey, DC/VA that have kids going to school down at SEC schools.  Verizon.....do the right thing and offer viewership at same level nationwide for a super sports channel.  You can already see how strong it is within the lineup for ALL sports networks.   

0 Likes
becrequ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Maryland also flying the UT colors but have the basic package and have no problem upgrading if that's what it takes.  I know and see numerous fans from all the SEC schools so I know the SEC is well represented in the Balt/DC area and other major metropolitan areas in the northeast.

0 Likes
pprhngr42
Enthusiast - Level 2
FINALLY!!!!!!!!
JnyReb
Enthusiast - Level 2
Anybody seen it in their channel guide or message center yet? I'm just sayin'.
ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi every one I have great news on new SEC ESPN CHANNEL VERIZON HAS AGREE TO CARRY IT  PART OF NEW ESPN DISNEY DEAL THIS NEW DEAL FROM VERIZON LAST TO 2024 -2025 EVERYESPN AND DISNEY CHANNEL WILL BE ON THE FIOS TV AND ESPN AROUND THE COUNTRY DONT YET WHAT CHANNEL WILL BE ON YET OK VERIZON FIOS HAS SET IT ON THE BOXES AND ESPN AND VERIZON  THIS YEAR MORE THAN OVER 1000 FOOTBALL GAMES WILL BE CARRY AND OVER 2500 GAMES ON THEALL THE SPORTS NETWORK YES ESPN AND CBS WILLHAS AGREE THAT CBS WILL CARRY THE SEC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR THAN ESPN WILL CARRY SEC BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR OK MANY THANKS TO THE FIOS CUSTOMES MAKE THIS HAPPING. WAS AGING FIOS NOT A CABLE COMPANY  OK AND WITH NEW PAC 12 DEAL OK THIS GREAT NEWS FOR FIOS CUSTOMES OK WAS AGING DONT HAVE NEW CHANNEL ON ESPN SEC YET MAYBE ON ESPN U FOR NOW FOR PREWIEW OK THANK YOU VERIZON YOU THE BEST OK

0 Likes