Re: SEC Network/sports networks
Mjwheat
Has verizon or SEC confirmed this? On the SEC Network page it still shows verizon isn't carrying it.
0 Likes
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

@Mjwheat wrote:
Has verizon or SEC confirmed this? On the SEC Network page it still shows verizon isn't carrying it.

Yeah, I'm not so sure.  It's only been mentioned in the same 3 articles online all day, none of which is a major news outlet.

0 Likes
cynergy37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Carry it in the Washington DC market and you'll have another customer for years to come! Leave us out and I'll be forced to consider Comcast when my contract is up next month. *gasp!*

Would much rather stay with Verizon for SEC football! Git 'er done!

0 Likes
streetsma
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ronnie42 wrote:

hi every one I have great news on new SEC ESPN CHANNEL VERIZON HAS AGREE TO CARRY IT  PART OF NEW ESPN DISNEY DEAL THIS NEW DEAL FROM VERIZON LAST TO 2024 -2025 EVERYESPN AND DISNEY CHANNEL WILL BE ON THE FIOS TV AND ESPN AROUND THE COUNTRY DONT YET WHAT CHANNEL WILL BE ON YET OK VERIZON FIOS HAS SET IT ON THE BOXES AND ESPN AND VERIZON  THIS YEAR MORE THAN OVER 1000 FOOTBALL GAMES WILL BE CARRY AND OVER 2500 GAMES ON THEALL THE SPORTS NETWORK YES ESPN AND CBS WILLHAS AGREE THAT CBS WILL CARRY THE SEC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR THAN ESPN WILL CARRY SEC BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR OK MANY THANKS TO THE FIOS CUSTOMES MAKE THIS HAPPING. WAS AGING FIOS NOT A CABLE COMPANY  OK AND WITH NEW PAC 12 DEAL OK THIS GREAT NEWS FOR FIOS CUSTOMES OK WAS AGING DONT HAVE NEW CHANNEL ON ESPN SEC YET MAYBE ON ESPN U FOR NOW FOR PREWIEW OK THANK YOU VERIZON YOU THE BEST OK

Thanks    for  your  post.   The   only  thing  I  really   understand  on  it,  is  that  Verizon   is  going  to  carry  the  SEC  NETWORK.   PAC 12  DEAL ?   ALL   SPORTS  NETWORK---YES ?   What's   YES   going  to  carry  ?

What    is  this   New  Espn/ Disney  deal  all  about ?    Appreciate   any  other  informed  posters  insight.

0 Likes
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3
Any update on the package that non-SEC markets will need to have to get this channel?
0 Likes
USCarolina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called this mornign and spoke to rep to get some answers. She said they have come to an agreement, but they have no other info on when it will launch on Fios. Living in Pennsylvania, my concern was it would not be available to me since I am nto in the SEC footprint. She said it will be available on the Ultimate package, which I carry, so that is good. I have nothing to back this up, but if they agreed yesterday, then it should be launched by Thursday when my Gamecocks whip those Aggies in Columbia and extend the nations longest home winning streak. Either way, you can still access it via the WatchESPN app with your Verizon login.

0 Likes
jbranch236

Well i just called and the agent I spoke with says they are still no agreement.   Regardless of whether they do or don't.  I'm done with this.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
The article mentioned it could be announced by the end if the week, so I would think we would see an official announcement by the end of today.
0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
The reps aren't going to say anything until it has been made official. That's why they are still saying the same thing.

The reporter from Sports Business Journal is very good. If he reported it then it will happen.
0 Likes
jbranch236
‎08-22-2014 08:40 AM
The reps aren't going to say anything until it has been made official. That's why they are still saying the same thing.

The reporter from Sports Business Journal is very good. If he reported it then it will happen