Re: SEC Network/sports networks
sgrounds22

I think you have to understand that even when you are talking to call center supervisors they are just hourly employees.  They have no idea what is going on at higher levels unitl someone hands them some information they are supposed to send down to the call center reps.  That is why you are getting the same answers.  They are reading from a script.  Sometimes they may get off the script and that is where you will get conflicting information.

Bottom line is...they aren't "in the know".

0 Likes
bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

The guy who reported this is reputable. Other sports news sources, including Sports Illustrated are quoting him. I agree that the call center reps are staying “on script” and saying there is no deal until an official press release is made by Verizon.

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

@bigmal wrote:

The guy who reported this is reputable. Other sports news sources, including Sports Illustrated are quoting him. I agree that the call center reps are staying “on script” and saying there is no deal until an official press release is made by Verizon.

Exactly. This guy reported the Comcast agreement first too. It was about week before it was made official. I expect an announcement by Monday, maybe before. The call center people don't anything more the person on the street. Verizon upper management will not give them any "inside" information to this. It's basically useless to call them about this. 

bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

The call center folks will likely only get the information literally an hour or so before the offical release. There is a VERY good reason for this. Too many people "in the know" is bound to lead to the word getting out before Verizon managements wants. By keeping the "offical" word within a small group of people, they control the story. With so many people calling and asking "what channel is it going to be on....what teir is it going to be on....how much extra am I going to have to pay...."
 someone is bound to slip up and say something. It's human nature.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Hearing Channel 75 and 575 HD for Prime and up in Texas and Florida. and Extreme and up in other markets 75 SD only.

You have to be kidding me..out of market in SD only??? And you have to have the Exteme package???
0 Likes
streetsma
Enthusiast - Level 3

it's    all  about    making  the  " OFFICIAL   ANNOUNCEMENT "   The  phone  reps  are  puppets.   until  they  have  the  go  ahead   to   make  it ,  they  won't  say  much. 

cynergy37
Enthusiast - Level 1

>> You have to be kidding me..out of market in SD only???

Let's wait for an official announcement. Don't believe hearsay at this point in time. When the company is ready, they'll give us the full story.

0 Likes
AggieYell
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
AggieYell
Enthusiast - Level 2
Those Aggies could surprise you. Don't sleep on Sumlin.
SEC Network
KHOP1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please, I would like to beg the people at Verizon to add the SEC Network.  This is unbelievable that they are not making this available to their subscribers.  We get the Big Ten Network and the Longhorn network.  Take those off and add the SEC network.