Re: SEC Network/sports networks
bullgator1

I called verizon yesterday and they said they indeed had an agreement in place and that the channel will be live at some point prior to the first game.  I then followed up this morning and they said the same thing.  Both confirmed that the channel will be 75 in SD and 575 in HD.  They also both said it will only offer HD in SEC states.  Those of you outside the SEC footprint will only get SD.  I tried to drill down why they dont know when it will go live and they basically just said they dont have that information. 

For those of us in Tampa and Texas, this is good news.  Sorry for all the others who will have to suffer through SD.

0 Likes
captg8r
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, I should clarify that my message was regarding Tampa.
0 Likes
aggiebones

Why are they so amazingly short sighted???

SD for the rest of the country?  WHY  

That's **bleep**.  Seriously.

Stop {word filter avoidance} around and step up.  Why would I stay long term with you?  Tell me?  You don't get the NFL package either.  SERIOUS mistake I made switching to FIOS.  I'll ride it out a short bit solely becauseI don't have time to switch back and I'd owe about $200 since I'm a recent foolish transfer.  I won't be making this mistake going into next football season.

0 Likes
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

I'm assuming we can get the HD feed on WatchESPN no matter where we are located?

0 Likes
jcoats256

Dish and DirectTV and possibly Brighthouse will buy out your contract per conversations I've had.  

0 Likes
bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am hoping that is the case. I've got an AppleTV with the WatchESPN app on each TV. To my knowledge, everything that is currently broadcast via the ESPN app is in HD.

@JMG32 wrote:

I'm assuming we can get the HD feed on WatchESPN no matter where we are located?

0 Likes
maddog521

As long as Verizon has the channel (SD only or HD and SD), that's fine by me.  I watched the whole 2009 season on SD in Iraq and the whole 2012 season on SD in Afghanistan, I can bear a couple of games in SD this year.

Besides let's face it, you don't really want your favorite team on the SEC Network anyway.  If your team is any good their gonna spend most of their time on CBS, ESPN or ABC.  Except for the first few weeks of the season, where all teams in the SEC play a couple of patsies, the SECN is not gonna have marquis games.  In fact, they'll likely have the 4th or 5th best game of the week generally speaking.  And even with that you can still go down to your favorite watering hole and catch the game there.

Now, if they don't in fact have a deal in place....then let the complaining and breaking of contracts continue.

The best news of all is IT'S FINALLY GAME WEEK.

0 Likes
Peabo1

So here in NJ, I'll get the SEC Network SD; however I get to see some guy Fish (817) and/or play cricket (806) in HD.

0 Likes
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

@Peabo wrote:

So here in NJ, I'll get the SEC Network SD; however I get to see some guy Fish (817) and/or play cricket (806) in HD.

Oh, even better...you can watch COLLEGE FISHING in HD.

0 Likes
Bondi1

I have an important post regarding the SEC Network,,how do you start a new post?

0 Likes