Re: SEC Network/sports networks
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

@Bondi wrote:

I have an important post regarding the SEC Network,,how do you start a new post?

Why not just put the info here since this is the thread everyone is coming to?

0 Likes
Re: Good News On HD Availability on the SEC Network
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

According to the chat I just had online (hey, everyone else is doing it so I figured I should to):  It will be available only to those on the Extreme or Ultimate packages.  It will be available on channel 75.  They do not yet have information on HD availability at this time.  It will be avalable on WatchESPN online but, again, only to those with Extreme or Ultimate packages. 

Pretty standard info I guess, but this means I'd have to upgrade packages.  I suppose I could upgrade and then just downgrade again. 

I will say, the guy I was chatting with gave pretty lengthy responses (obviously scripted) but gave them VERY fast so it was an obvious copy and paste response.

0 Likes
captg8r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is what I learned from Verizon rep as it pertains to Tampa:

The SEC Network will be launched on channel 75 and channel 575 in HD for customers in Prime, Preferred, Extreme or Ultimate FiOS TV packages.

It will be live in time for the first football games on Aug. 28

0 Likes
sgrounds22

@JMG32 wrote:

According to the chat I just had online (hey, everyone else is doing it so I figured I should to):  It will be available only to those on the Extreme or Ultimate packages.  It will be available on channel 75.  They do not yet have information on HD availability at this time.  It will be avalable on WatchESPN online but, again, only to those with Extreme or Ultimate packages. 

Pretty standard info I guess, but this means I'd have to upgrade packages.  I suppose I could upgrade and then just downgrade again. 

I will say, the guy I was chatting with gave pretty lengthy responses (obviously scripted) but gave them VERY fast so it was an obvious copy and paste response.

That's not the response I received today.

Channel 75 in SD  (575 in HD for TX and FL) for Extreme and Ultimate packages (also Prime and Preferred in TX and FL).  It will be live in time for the first game on Aug. 28.  They said keep an eye on the website and social media for more details in the near future.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that reposting any private communications with Verizon agents or staff on the boards is prohibited by the Verizon Forums Terms of Service.  Please keep all private conversations confidential.  Thanks.

0 Likes
jmurphy22
Enthusiast - Level 3

@LawrenceC wrote:

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that reposting any private communications with Verizon agents or staff on the boards is prohibited by the Verizon Forums Terms of Service.  Please keep all private conversations confidential.  Thanks.

This whole thread is hearsay so I'm not sure why you've decided to chime in now. Were Verizon reps told to ignore this thread too? The TOS were a little unclear on that. Anyways, I have the Extreme package and there is no way in heaven (for the lack of word that won't be edited) that I'm paying an extra $25 to upgrade to the Ultimate package for one lousy channel (in SD, nonetheless) that's costing Verizon Fios .25 cents per customer who live outside the SEC footprint. I'd like to know why Verizon thinks its right to charge customers a 1000% markup just because the SECN is high in demand. PATHETIC!!!!!!
0 Likes
Re: SEC Network/sports networks
Brad110
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank God for an update!

0 Likes
JMG322
Contributor - Level 1

@jmurphy22 wrote:

@LawrenceC wrote:

Hi folks,

This whole thread is hearsay so I'm not sure why you've decided to chime in now. Were Verizon reps told to ignore this thread too? The TOS were a little unclear on that. Anyways, I have the Extreme package and there is no way in heaven (for the lack of word that won't be edited) that I'm paying an extra $25 to upgrade to the Ultimate package for one lousy channel (in SD, nonetheless) that's costing Verizon Fios .25 cents per customer who live outside the SEC footprint. I'd like to know why Verizon thinks its right to charge customers a 1000% markup just because the SECN is high in demand. PATHETIC!!!!!!

Yes, it is quite hilarious to say the least.  They've been totally silent for nearly 60 pages of discussion and finally decide to show their faces just to scold us for having the audacity to share the meager tidbits of information we're able to come up with.

How dare we?!?

LawrenceC, this entire ugly incident could have been avoided had Verizon simply been willing to treat their custormers with the smallest shred of dignity and keep us informed.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Moderators work only with the forum itself. We have no access to internal programming, service or product information that we could have given you regarding the SEC network.

Please remember to keep your posts courteous and respectful.  You may disagree with the company or its decisions, but it must be done within the guidelines of the community.

0 Likes
bransfrye
Enthusiast - Level 2
What good is this forum then if nobody from Vz reads it? Falling on deaf ears as usual.
0 Likes