Re: SEC Network/sports networks
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Finally on here in NY/NJ area, and it is SD only and the picture does suck. What a freaking joke Verizon. I hate you more than ever now. I can only hope this is temporary and that HD will be available soon.
0 Likes
RogBurt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still have yet to see it in Virginia? Any hope for the games tonight?  Certainly a matter that I would switch over, my kids can get cartoon network any where but watching my Aggies is essential.

Gig Em.

0 Likes
pprhngr42
Enthusiast - Level 2
Same here in Philly. All this wait for a nasty SD channel. I guess our $200 plus a month doesn't count as much up here as it does in TX and FL. Calling Comcast today and switch to the new X1 Platform. They get that football fans are all over the country. SEC in HD and they also offer PAC-12 in SD. Bye bye Verizon, thought you were the company that listened to customers.
0 Likes
Southern_Boy
Enthusiast - Level 2

GOOD NEWS PEOPLE!!!! I just talked to a representative and she said everyone will get it in HD later on today or tomorrow no matter where you live. She said the part where it said that people in Florida and Texas will get it upon launch did not mean everyone else will get it weeks or months later. She said it will only take a few hours or at latest tomorrow. I asked her over and over and I told her what the announcement said and she told me the same thing.

She really confirmed it when she said that I have the Extreme Package and as of now I have 82 HD channels but her system says that I will have 83 HD channels by tomorrow. The new HD channel wil be the SEC Network. She again confirmed it. Just thought I would pass that along. I live in the DC Metro Area.

silverscooter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rebooted DVR this morning and now we see channel 75 here in NoVa. Hope the information is legit, that we're all getting HD very soon.

becrequ
Enthusiast - Level 2
On here in MD. Manually entered channel and there it was. Though only SD I'm not complaining.
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

@Southern_Boy wrote:

GOOD NEWS PEOPLE!!!! I just talked to a representative and she said everyone will get it in HD later on today or tomorrow no matter where you live. She said the part where it said that people in Florida and Texas will get it upon launch did not mean everyone else will get it weeks or months later. She said it will only take a few hours or at latest tomorrow. I asked her over and over and I told her what the announcement said and she told me the same thing.

She really confirmed it when she said that I have the Extreme Package and as of now I have 82 HD channels but her system says that I will have 83 HD channels by tomorrow. The new HD channel wil be the SEC Network. She again confirmed it. Just thought I would pass that along. I live in the DC Metro Area.

Wow, I really hope this is true but I will believe it when I see it. 

0 Likes
RollTideinPA
Was just teased he other day when I received both SD and HD here in Philly. Must have been a test. Here it isThursday morning and only in SD. Went to try Apple TV and not available for some reason. How can such a so called leader in the industry drop the ball so bad. They obviously know the potential market nationwide for this network. Do you think the Northeast doesn't watch college football and you are going to hold out this long and only give it rabbit ears reception? Come on!
0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

Also, it's not available on the WatchESPN app either yet. Come on Verizon..get with it. 

0 Likes
Ustavio

No joy in southern California. No SEC SD or HD. Don't even have a channel 75 or 575 on channel list. However we have TiVo with a FIOS cable card and the Ultimate package. As Funky as this rollout has been, I'll be amazed if Tribune (aka Zap 2it), who supplies guide data for TiVo, will get the necessary info from Verizon in time to make a difference.

I could live with SD for a day or so if HD is definitely a lock. I really am disappointed how poorly this has been handled. The announcement could have been much more effectively worded.

A simple "The new SEC Network will be available to Verizon subscribers nationwide in both SD and HD. Rollout is expected to be complete before kickoff of the Texas A&M vs South Carolina game. Outside the SEC footprint it will only be included in Extreme and Ultimate packages. Don't forget the Buffalo Wings!"

So, much hoopla could have been avoided. Especially if every CSR had a copy of the pertinent information.

0 Likes