Re: SEC Network/sports networks
bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

There does not appear to be any movement on adding access to the SEC Network via the WatchESPN app and website. I am beginning to wonder if it will be added....

0 Likes
Ustavio

Just a follow up since my last post. I am now watching "to be announced" on channel 75 SEC Network. I am in Southern California, so I surmise that anyone who gets their FIOS feed out of Pomona will also be getting it. There is content being broadcast but no guide information yet. There is also no  channel 575 HD.....zip. Nada.

As I have TiVo, I can "untick" channels I do not watch so the guide isn't cluttered with stuff I do not watch. When a new channel is introduced or there is a channel line up change, it powers through my settings and I have to adjust accordingly. Earlier this morning I reviewed my channel line up and there wasn't even a channel 75 in the list. Prior to this post, I checked once again for something else and noticed an "unticked" channel 75. I ticked it and am now able to view SECN in retro blurry stretched SD. Ick.

So, TiVo people, check your channel list. You may already have it.

Now regarding 575 HD, I have on authority, absolute and certain insider knowledge that we may or may not get it. If we do, It may or may not be sooner or later or ever. That being said, you did or didn't hear it here first.

0 Likes
Ustavio

Okay another follow up. No joy yet on WatchESPN or ESPN3 via My Verizon. Not yet available. No joy on SECN 575HD. However, I did a TiVo service connection  and now have full guide information.  In addition to the aformentioned TiVo, we had an STB prior to contract renewal in April. The price increase prompted us to ditch it in favor of a old shelved TiVo (which still had lifetime on it) and a cable card. It turned out to be cheaper. I don't recall how or if one can force a guide update on the FIOS STB or DVR. I think one has to do a hard reboot but perhaps someone in the know...will know.

Good luck SEC fans. Don't forget the Buffalo Wings!

0 Likes
Bondi1

I live in So Cal and the SD Version of the SEC Network is working. No Watch ESPN though....

0 Likes
banderaaggie

No HD? Really? As a Texan living in Brookyn, I just wanted to watch the SEC Network and Texas Aggies tonight!  I can watch the Real Housewives and their botoxed plastic faces and the blood soaked hand of the Chopped contestants in glorious High Definition.  Yet when I want to watch football which is the only reasons to pay for HD....nooooo I'm not important enough!

I'll be moving soon and won't be taking you with me Verizon....

0 Likes
becrequ
Enthusiast - Level 2
HD now showing in MD. Had to manually enter channel though then reboot STB for the channel to show in the guide
0 Likes
Ylinen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not only does the watch now espn app not allow us to what SEC,  but the Verizon Ipad app does not list the channel either.  Shows all the other ESPN channels.

It is clear that Verizon and ESPN played chicken with this contract and the customers are the ones that are getting run over.

Sad that we can not see what we thought we would in the time we thought we would.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
HD is showing in MD??? I thought it was only HD in TX and FL???

The watch espn app still isn't showing the network either.
0 Likes
becrequ
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes Uaphan. HD here. I was surprised as well considering SD wasn't available until yesterday afternoon. As with everyone else though no WatchESPN.
0 Likes
becrequ
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well spoke too soon. Now it is not showing in HD in MD. Channel went black. Bizarre!
0 Likes