Re: SEC Network/sports networks
BartlettJ64

Well becrequ, you give me some hope.  I did not have the SD version until this AM so perhaps this will roll out by tonight.  Time will tell if we get HD but you give me some hope... 🙂

0 Likes
BartlettJ64

LOL!  and just like that...   You take it away!  🙂

0 Likes
spoke1

In Aberdeen, MD, no HD on SEC

0 Likes
spoke1

So much for my Ultimate HD subscriptions

0 Likes
Ylinen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Watch NOW ESPN is now working for me on SEC channel.  Lets hope it works for game.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2
Watch espn app working in NJ/NY, looks to be in HD too.
0 Likes
becrequ
Enthusiast - Level 2
App working in MD
0 Likes
BigOil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Watching SEC nation on Verizon's FiOS.  In all of it stretched SD non-glory.  Western New York.

Looks like crap at 80 inches.  Not good.  Not good at all.

But Al Jazeera HD looks terrific !!  What utter crap.  I can see Bangladeshi cricket in HD. OMG Really ???  **bleep** No SEC.

Until I get Time Warner out here, I'll probably the watch ESPN app via HDMI into my A/V receiver. That might look better.

I have no data, but I'm guessing Verizon received a small price concession by not using the HD feed outside of the SEC footprint.  I don't think with their fiber network it is a technical thing.  Also would imagine that's why they waited till last minute... Some procurement person for programming, trying to pressure Disney.

That's all speculation but it makes sense otherwise. It's clear they do not understand the SEC football fan.

In my experience, when a big company does something stupid...It usually relate to money. And some marketing person score card for negotiating a good deal with Disney.

Well they won't be getting anymore of my money unless they fix this before I get switched over.

Being outside SEC footprint, I would even pay a small reasonable charge for the HD feed.

0 Likes
bluedevil2002
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the app working on my phone, but can't get it to work on the Amazon Fire TV.  That doesn't even give me the option for SEC Network.

I've even de-activated and re-activated the access to WatchESPN through the Amazon Fire.  Still no SEC Network option.

0 Likes
NYIceQueen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reset box...no HD, SD still looks like garbage.  My TV has a stretch feature but that makes it even junkier.  Looks about as good as the picture quality on my 20 year old RCA TV.  Smiley Mad

0 Likes