Re: SEC Network/sports networks
streetsma
Enthusiast - Level 3

@BigOil wrote:

Watching SEC nation on Verizon's FiOS.  In all of it stretched SD non-glory.  Western New York.

Looks like crap at 80 inches.  Not good.  Not good at all.

But Al Jazeera HD looks terrific !!  What utter crap.  I can see Bangladeshi cricket in HD. OMG Really ???  **bleep** No SEC.

Until I get Time Warner out here, I'll probably the watch ESPN app via HDMI into my A/V receiver. That might look better.

I have no data, but I'm guessing Verizon received a small price concession by not using the HD feed outside of the SEC footprint.  I don't think with their fiber network it is a technical thing.  Also would imagine that's why they waited till last minute... Some procurement person for programming, trying to pressure Disney.

That's all speculation but it makes sense otherwise. It's clear they do not understand the SEC football fan.

In my experience, when a big company does something stupid...It usually relate to money. And some marketing person score card for negotiating a good deal with Disney.

Well they won't be getting anymore of my money unless they fix this before I get switched over.

Being outside SEC footprint, I would even pay a small reasonable charge for the HD feed.

Do  not   believe   that   VERIZON    does   this   with    any     other   channel.   feed   a   certain   part   of   the   country  HIGH    DEFINITION ,    and    send    the   LOW  QUALITY     STANDARD   DEFINITION   channel   to   the   rest   of   the   country.

Where's   the   equal   treatment   for   all    customers ?      You    think   any  of   the  decision   makers   would   know  what   you   were  talking   about   if   some one  told   them   that   the   SOUTHEAST   CONFERENCE   has   had   quite   a   few  COLLEGE   FOOTBALL   NATIONAL   CHAMPIONSHIPS   that   last   few   years.   And    that   quite  a   few    SEC   ALUMNI   live   outside   the   SEC   FOOTPRINT,   and    that   it   is   the   strongest   conference   in   college   football ?

streetsma
Enthusiast - Level 3

@chud3 wrote:

so mvp, why wouldn't complaining on here work?  how else can you get verizon to realize the customer want this? 

I   communicate   with  the  corporate  headquarters,  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chud3 wrote:

so mvp, why wouldn't complaining on here work?  how else can you get verizon to realize the customer want this? 

Because Verizon Management doesn't read these forums.  In fact only some admins read them.

0 Likes
Bondi1
I am trying to watch the SEC pre-game in SD,,,picture is painful to watch. I have to switch to ESPN until the games start. I wonder if the decision makers watch SD channels on their 60 inch tv's? Awful!
0 Likes
vatr1

Oh thats great...

I pay Verizon ~$200 a month which includes a big chunk for all of the HD Sports channels and I get to watch SEC on my laptop or Pay more?? Fios is just holding out for a better contract to make MORE money. This is crap

0 Likes
Re: SEC Network Now Please!
vatr1

I guess they lied to your friend. I WANT SEC! 

I love the fact that there is not a contact Verizon button to send a email on programming. I guess they could not handle the volume

0 Likes
streetsma
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vatr1 wrote:

I guess they lied to your friend. I WANT SEC! 

I love the fact that there is not a contact Verizon button to send a email on programming. I guess they could not handle the volume

The  corporate   executives  have  e-mail links

0 Likes
losingground

So I can watch some clown chase "bigfoot" or renovate houses in HD but not the SEC Network? That's brilliant. It does, however, make our renewal decision much easier. Why call some poor sap in customer service who's under heavy pressure to keep customers when THEY can't do anything about this. This executive decision is a deal-breaker, and calling will just hurt someone's numbers. 

0 Likes
RollTideinPA
Went to watch the Arkansas/Auburn game on SD and what a joke! Turned over to Apple TV to get a normal HD reception. What a pain in the butt to switch channels back and forth to watch multiple games. Thought I would have a work around but I guess I'm going to have to show action by calling Comcast Tuesday. I can't take another weekend of SEC like this. Poor upper management. Somebody please send this post to a real difference maker.
0 Likes
raymart43
So does fios not have the SEC alternate channel? I couldn't find the end of the auburn game. It was delayed due to weather and finished on the alternate, but the only channel I have is 75.

I don't have a contract, so it would be easy for me to switch to comcast, but I'd really rather not. I actually do like my fios service. But I do wish they'd get the full deal in virginia. I'll give them a little time but not long.
0 Likes