SEC Network/sports networks

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: SEC Network/sports networks

Message 711 of 769
(1,512 Views)

Well becrequ, you give me some hope.  I did not have the SD version until this AM so perhaps this will roll out by tonight.  Time will tell if we get HD but you give me some hope... 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 712 of 769
(1,510 Views)

LOL!  and just like that...   You take it away!  🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 713 of 769
(1,502 Views)

In Aberdeen, MD, no HD on SEC

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 714 of 769
(1,488 Views)

So much for my Ultimate HD subscriptions

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 715 of 769
(1,438 Views)

Watch NOW ESPN is now working for me on SEC channel.  Lets hope it works for game.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 716 of 769
(1,407 Views)
Watch espn app working in NJ/NY, looks to be in HD too.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 717 of 769
(1,380 Views)
App working in MD
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 718 of 769
(1,342 Views)

Watching SEC nation on Verizon's FiOS.  In all of it stretched SD non-glory.  Western New York.

Looks like crap at 80 inches.  Not good.  Not good at all.

But Al Jazeera HD looks terrific !!  What utter crap.  I can see Bangladeshi cricket in HD. OMG Really ???  **bleep** No SEC.

Until I get Time Warner out here, I'll probably the watch ESPN app via HDMI into my A/V receiver. That might look better.

I have no data, but I'm guessing Verizon received a small price concession by not using the HD feed outside of the SEC footprint.  I don't think with their fiber network it is a technical thing.  Also would imagine that's why they waited till last minute... Some procurement person for programming, trying to pressure Disney.

That's all speculation but it makes sense otherwise. It's clear they do not understand the SEC football fan.

In my experience, when a big company does something stupid...It usually relate to money. And some marketing person score card for negotiating a good deal with Disney.

Well they won't be getting anymore of my money unless they fix this before I get switched over.

Being outside SEC footprint, I would even pay a small reasonable charge for the HD feed.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 719 of 769
(1,339 Views)

Got the app working on my phone, but can't get it to work on the Amazon Fire TV.  That doesn't even give me the option for SEC Network.

I've even de-activated and re-activated the access to WatchESPN through the Amazon Fire.  Still no SEC Network option.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 720 of 769
(1,261 Views)

Reset box...no HD, SD still looks like garbage.  My TV has a stretch feature but that makes it even junkier.  Looks about as good as the picture quality on my 20 year old RCA TV.  Smiley Mad

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.