SNY and Syracuse University basketball games
Kat9

When I signed up for FIOS TV, the only question I had was would I be able to see SU basketball games.  Time Warner plays several games on their own channel, but they are also listed for SNY.  My parents have Direct TV and are able to see the games on SNY.  The few games this season that I've tried to watch on SNY, SNY will play some sort of special on Rocky Marciano or replay shows like Beer Money even though the game is listed in the guide as being on.  One time I saw the crowd and then it flipped to the other programming.  I was told that I should be able to see all but maybe 3 games-- because Time Warner does actually do their own broadcasting of some of the preseason games, but the majority of the games it plays are Regional ESPN games which are listed as being on SNY.  Now that the Big East season has started I don't want to miss any games.  I would not have signed up for FIOS TV if I knew I wouldn't be able to watch the games on SNY.  Anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: SNY and Syracuse University basketball games
jh199

Ran into the same problem. Would love to figure out which games are available and which aren't. Customer support is no help as they route you to someone who has no clue about local issues like this.

0 Likes
Cal_Izard

I am also facing the same problem and can't seem to find an answer.

I have seen one game, but two have been supressed, probably for contract reasons.

So ....

How can we tell if the SU game will be shown on SNY or SNY HD as advertized on the TV listings?

Can anyone from Verizon answer this question?

0 Likes
disgustedUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also quite upset at not receiving Syracuse University games and do not understand why we get the Big Ten network and not the Big East network.

0 Likes
LtHead

Hi there,

{edited} i've discovered a workaround for watching the SU games. This has worked for the last 2 games for me, tune to channel 577 BEFORE the game starts and you should be able to avoid the blackout as long as you DO NOT change the channel. Let me know if this works for you, also scheduling a manual recording set to record 5 minutes before the game starts has worked for me.

Shaun

0 Likes
porrsha

Wish I had read this last night!!! Started watching the game on 577..was great. until half time. Flipped to see something else at halftime. Flipped back and then not allowed to watch the game..nada..zilch!!! I was on DIsh network and could see SNY all the time plus the season choice of espn full court. Maybe I should have waited until after basketball season?

Verizon is NOT delivering what they promised!!!!

0 Likes
Kat9

Glad to know I'm not the only one mad about this.  I'll have to try the 577 trick, if I get that channel, I know it doesn't work for 77, since I've had the tv on early a few times-- even watched the pregame for Rutgers, but got the Gil Hodges special instead.  As much as I like Matt Park and Matt Row, I want to SEE the games.  Thank God the next 2 games are on ESPN.  Hopefully they remedy the problem-- I want to send a letter to FIOS saying how upset I am about it.  SU basketball games was the reason why I stuck with Time Warner for so long.  Verizon has two years to fix it, or when my contract is up, I'll switch to someplace else--probably Direct TV or Dish Network because Time Warner was so freakin' expensive and it kept going up each year.

0 Likes
ejd123

{edited} I just hooked up FIOS and was ticked when the Georgetown / Nova game was blacked out yesterday so am also concerned if a future SU game is unwatchable.  The Verizon sales rep sold me on the fact that SNY would cover them.  Can you give this feedback to someone in charge locally or otherwise give me a number to call.  I still have a few days to cancel without penalty and I will definitely do that if I don't get a good answer about the blackout situation with Big East games.  Thanks.

0 Likes
electronictaz

The issue seems to be Time Warner has signed an eclusive contract to carry SU games that are not picked up by ESPN or CBS, for example.

0 Likes
porrsha

Once again Time Warner ruins my eday, Now the away game is  not even on 577 or 77. Giove me a break..I am going to tyruy and hook up my satellite dish real quick!

0 Likes