SPIKE HD & VH1 HD
ZuteELoops
Enthusiast - Level 2
Why are these channels not provided?
0 Likes
Re: SPIKE HD & VH1 HD
kz121

I too am dissapointed that Spike HD has not been included in any of the HD Expansions recently introduced... I'm a BIG UFC guy and I hate watching it in Standard Def - stretched or 4:3... Wouldn't mind VH1 in HD either but admittadly for me, it's a bit lower on my wish list...  Course I'm super happy about Vs. now being available 24x7 in Hi-Def (without having to subscribe to that stupid "sports" pkg - i wouldn't watch a single other channel in that package except maybe Mav but since I never heard of it I wouldn't pay for it... i'm just glad Vs. is no longer tied to the GolfHD channel as that was part of the sports pkg)...

Chris "k2"

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2
Most likely it's due to VZ not having an announced agreement with Viacom to carry their HD suite of stations.
0 Likes
ZuteELoops
Enthusiast - Level 2

It really makes no sense how channels can be broadcast (in SD or HD) and we are not able to get them.  You would think in today's technological society, where on-demand and instant-gratification rules, that we could have a choice, even a premium, to watch whatever channel we want.  I want to know why it's a problem to provide a NY FOX feed to someone living in DC?  I would love to watch my Giants & Yankees without having to purchase a $200 "package".  I would still watch my own local FOX feed for weather, news and traffic, etc, but I would gladly pay $10/month to add a channel.

The same goes with SD vs HD.  I don't watch any SD channels any more (perhaps I'm spoiled by technology), but I like to "see" what I'm watching & I didnt spend thousands of dollars on a top-of-the-line tv to watch fuzz (unloess that is the show on discover HD 😉 ).  If I can get Spike in SD, I should be able to get it in HD, especially since I pay a premium for those channels.

0 Likes