Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Six Tuner DVR In March

SOLVED
Reply
mm1
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Posts: 342
Registered: ‎02-11-2011

Six Tuner DVR In March

Message 1 of 9
(6,312 Views)

The much talked about six tuner dvr from verizon is schduled to be released in march where it is going to cost current customers a lot who choose to upgrade to that six tuner dvr for several reasons. It is a dvr that has been hyped up by verizon for almost three years now since 2011 and it has hit a lot of roadblocks along the way but the final one will gone soon. Verizon got hit with a lawsuit by the fcc because there were certain standards that had to be met first but now that has been settled. The next one was that the dvr had to be tested out and it has already passed that test and the same goes for the mini clients too. The final thing that has to be resolved which verizon is now working on is that they are going to be coming out with a new router for the six tuner dvr specifically for those mini clients because they are going to be wireless. Verizon is currently working on and testing out a bgn frequency for that router so that when the six tuner dvr is released along with the mini clients there will be no interference with that wireless connection for those mini clients. Now remember that there have been a lot of delays already for the six tuner dvr and if there is another one it should not surprise anyone. When it is finally released current customers will have to pay for the six tuner dvr, the mini clients, the new router that the customer must have in order for the clients to wirelessly connect and of course the upgrade fee plus an installation fee too. New customers will probably get a lot of these things for free as verizon will seek to entice new customers with the six tuner dvr and when the release finally happens you can expect to see a long line to try to get these things sent out to customers along with an even longer line to get a technician out to people's homes to set it up.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Posts: 1,416
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March - Revised

Message 3 of 9
(6,277 Views)

Your posts are often very helpful and interesting, at least to me.  Unfortunately you present the information in a single ,long, dense paragraph that I find very difficult to read.  Therefore I am re-presenting your post exactly as you wrote it, but with a less "brickwall" appearance.  Thanks for the  information and we shall see how this thing  develops.

 

mm1 wrote:

 

The much talked about six tuner DVR from Verizon is scheduled to be released in march where it is going to cost current customers a lot who choose to upgrade to that six tuner DVR for several reasons.

 

It is a DVR that has been hyped up by Verizon for almost three years now since 2011 and it has hit a lot of roadblocks along the way but the final one will gone soon. Verizon got hit with a lawsuit by the FCC because there were certain standards that had to be met first but now that has been settled.

 

The next one was that the DVR had to be tested out and it has already passed that test and the same goes for the mini clients too. The final thing that has to be resolved which Verizon is now working on is that they are going to be coming out with a new router for the six tuner DVR specifically for those mini clients because they are going to be wireless.

 

Verizon is currently working on and testing out a bgn frequency for that router so that when the six tuner DVR is released along with the mini clients there will be no interference with that wireless connection for those mini clients.

 

Now remember that there have been a lot of delays already for the six tuner DVR and if there is another one it should not surprise anyone. When it is finally released current customers will have to pay for the six tuner DVR, the mini clients, the new router that the customer must have in order for the clients to wirelessly connect and of course the upgrade fee plus an installation fee too.

 

New customers will probably get a lot of these things for free as Verizon will seek to entice new customers with the six tuner DVR and when the release finally happens you can expect to see a long line to try to get these things sent out to customers along with an even longer line to get a technician out to people's homes to set it up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
celticpride
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Posts: 122
Registered: ‎09-01-2010

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March

Message 2 of 9
(6,309 Views)

This will be tempting my contract ends in march,if they give me a free offer for the new 6 tuner dvr ,mini and new router i would definitetly be interested, that is if i havent left for directv by then! (also depends on what the monthly charges are for using that equipment!

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Posts: 1,416
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March - Revised

Message 3 of 9
(6,278 Views)

Your posts are often very helpful and interesting, at least to me.  Unfortunately you present the information in a single ,long, dense paragraph that I find very difficult to read.  Therefore I am re-presenting your post exactly as you wrote it, but with a less "brickwall" appearance.  Thanks for the  information and we shall see how this thing  develops.

 

mm1 wrote:

 

The much talked about six tuner DVR from Verizon is scheduled to be released in march where it is going to cost current customers a lot who choose to upgrade to that six tuner DVR for several reasons.

 

It is a DVR that has been hyped up by Verizon for almost three years now since 2011 and it has hit a lot of roadblocks along the way but the final one will gone soon. Verizon got hit with a lawsuit by the FCC because there were certain standards that had to be met first but now that has been settled.

 

The next one was that the DVR had to be tested out and it has already passed that test and the same goes for the mini clients too. The final thing that has to be resolved which Verizon is now working on is that they are going to be coming out with a new router for the six tuner DVR specifically for those mini clients because they are going to be wireless.

 

Verizon is currently working on and testing out a bgn frequency for that router so that when the six tuner DVR is released along with the mini clients there will be no interference with that wireless connection for those mini clients.

 

Now remember that there have been a lot of delays already for the six tuner DVR and if there is another one it should not surprise anyone. When it is finally released current customers will have to pay for the six tuner DVR, the mini clients, the new router that the customer must have in order for the clients to wirelessly connect and of course the upgrade fee plus an installation fee too.

 

New customers will probably get a lot of these things for free as Verizon will seek to entice new customers with the six tuner DVR and when the release finally happens you can expect to see a long line to try to get these things sent out to customers along with an even longer line to get a technician out to people's homes to set it up.

View solution in original post

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 2,323
Registered: ‎08-05-2008

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March - Revised

Message 4 of 9
(6,258 Views)

Thank you Armond.  I have ignored his posts simply because it is too cumbersome to try to read the unformatted content.  It is a shame as many times the information provided might (or in this case is) useful.

 

Guess you can't teach and old dog new tricks.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Posts: 2,069
Registered: ‎08-07-2008

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March

Message 5 of 9
(6,248 Views)

Is this really coming -- along with all of those new, additional HD channels (you know, the ones most people care about)?  Smiley Mad

Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I
Posts: 752
Registered: ‎10-18-2010

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March

Message 6 of 9
(6,225 Views)

@PJL wrote:

Is this really coming -- along with all of those new, additional HD channels (you know, the ones most people care about)?  Smiley Mad


 

 

Oh yea, more .tv channels, the ones we are all eagerly waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Smiley LOL

beetlejuice
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Posts: 333
Registered: ‎02-14-2012

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March

Message 7 of 9
(6,205 Views)

@celticpride wrote:

This will be tempting my contract ends in march,if they give me a free offer for the new 6 tuner dvr ,mini and new router i would definitetly be interested, that is if i havent left for directv by then! (also depends on what the monthly charges are for using that equipment!


The day Verizon gives upgrades for equipment to current customers for free is the day congress gets along like adults. LOL

If anyone is going to get any of it for free it's going to be new customers. I can guarantee exsisting customers are going to have to fork over something in order to get it.

JohnCF
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎01-15-2010

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March

Message 8 of 9
(6,191 Views)

I find no reason to take any of this seriously.

 

We have no official announcement, no link to any legitimate PR release from Verizon, and no representatives of Verizon quoted on the record with any timeline.

 

Verizon has promised and claimed this was coming for some time now.  Even this year, it had not been passed by the FCC.

IF TRUE, the rollout will take a year, minimum, and will more than likely be offered to new subs before existing subs.

 

The product would have made Verizon competitive 2 years ago, but, a release NEXT year?  This is a epic failure and just another step towards seeing the tv business sold off. 

 

 

optivity
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Posts: 222
Registered: ‎01-13-2012

Re: Six Tuner DVR In March

Message 9 of 9
(6,176 Views)

"The much talked about six tuner dvr from verizon is schduled to be released in march where it is going to cost current customers a lot who choose to upgrade to that six tuner dvr for several reasons. 

 

When it is finally released current customers will have to pay for the six tuner dvr, the mini clients, the new router that the customer must have in order for the clients to wirelessly connect and of course the upgrade fee plus an installation fee too. New customers will probably get a lot of these things for free as verizon will seek to entice new customers with the six tuner dvr"

 

Currently I am a month-to-month FiOS subscriber. I'm already balking at my $200 per month Verizon bill. How much more are "current" subscribers willing to pay to upgrade their DVR, set-top box, router infrastructure?

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started


Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title