So sick of Verizon Customer Care
hituhard36

recently i had cut showtime from my bill, less than 1 month ago, and we added cinemax and hbo, well now we want to add showtime back, Mainly because we are huge MMA fans and want to watch the fights tonight. Well know they are saying Fios doesnt offer Showtime in the Virginia Beach area anymore?? **bleep**, this has been going on all day, If this is true , Verizon, I will go back to COX Communications, and i have NO problem paying your $179 early cancellation fees, and i will do it now !! anyone else have a problem similar to this with FIOS TV ?

0 Likes
Re: So sick of Verizon Customer Care
prisaz
Legend

@hituhard36 wrote:

recently i had cut showtime from my bill, less than 1 month ago, and we added cinemax and hbo, well now we want to add showtime back, Mainly because we are huge MMA fans and want to watch the fights tonight. Well know they are saying Fios doesnt offer Showtime in the Virginia Beach area anymore?? **bleep**, this has been going on all day, If this is true , Verizon, I will go back to COX Communications, and i have NO problem paying your $179 early cancellation fees, and i will do it now !! anyone else have a problem similar to this with FIOS TV ?

Never heard of such a thing. Showtime is offered nationwide. You must subscribe to the Ultimate Bundle or the Movies package. Of course the movies package has Encore, Stars, Showtime, and The Movie Channel.... Go to the following link and enter your zipcode for the channel lineup. Also you may be able to order it with your remote. Ordering it online or over the phone may take two days to get processed. I had to wait until monday to get the package I wanted because it was not available through the remote.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/#channels

0 Likes
Retired-n-Tired

I also am experiecing problems with my package and I am looking into paying the cancellation fee and contracting with another provider...

We have been customers since 2008 when FIOS became availble in our area. We subscribed for the Triple Freedom  and added the movie package, etc. We renewed our contract on 2009 to "lock in savings" for a 24 month period. Now Freedom Essentials is no longer being offered as a package and many of the channels that were initially included in the package have been removed. So now if we want to view those channels we must subscribe to them at an additional cost. channels are being removed from package but they are not reimbursing me for the removal of those channels. they are informing me that they are allowed to this to keep cost down! Give me back the  channels that were originally part of my contract or start crediting my account accordingly for the channels that you have removed. Customer service sucks because they are so intent on reciting the memorized script that they fail to listen to any rational that anyone has to say. I have Time Warner Cable in my home in NY and when channels in package are removed an immediate credit is afforded to the customer. People dont mind paying the extra dollar when customer service performance peaks and favorable outcomes are achieved.  

Those television adds about people returning converters and set top and  set top boxes to Verizon, cancelling their contracts and going back to cable are REAL!!! Smiley Mad

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Retired-n-Tired wrote:

I also am experiencing problems with my package and I am looking into paying the cancellation fee and contracting with another provider...

We have been customers since 2008 when FIOS became availble in our area. We subscribed for the Triple Freedom  and added the movie package, etc. We renewed our contract on 2009 to "lock in savings" for a 24 month period. Now Freedom Essentials is no longer being offered as a package and many of the channels that were initially included in the package have been removed. So now if we want to view those channels we must subscribe to them at an additional cost. channels are being removed from package but they are not reimbursing me for the removal of those channels. they are informing me that they are allowed to this to keep cost down! Give me back the  channels that were originally part of my contract or start crediting my account accordingly for the channels that you have removed. Customer service sucks because they are so intent on reciting the memorized script that they fail to listen to any rational that anyone has to say. I have Time Warner Cable in my home in NY and when channels in package are removed an immediate credit is afforded to the customer. People dont mind paying the extra dollar when customer service performance peaks and favorable outcomes are achieved.  

Those television adds about people returning converters and set top and  set top boxes to Verizon, cancelling their contracts and going back to cable are REAL!!! Smiley Mad

All TV providers remove channels and none reimburse you for it. You really have no leg to stand on here. All cable companies do this and while many have the same feelings as you do, it doensnt change the fact that they are allowed to do this per the contract you signed.

People returning to cable? Of course some are. But just as many (or more) are going the other way. For every complaint that you see about a company, there are many more that are very happy with them. Otherwise they wouldnt be in business. Verizons has grown to nearly 4 million TV customers in less than 5 years. So they must be doing something right.  I mean, some like me are perfectly happy with them. But YMMV as with anything else. Truthfully, you can take your complaint, remove the work "Verizon" and substitute any name of any TV provider and you will find it all over at all the providers.

Like saying Ford or Chevy, which is better? The answer is, what ever one works better for you. Same here. Which is better FIOS or Cable? My answer, FIOS. But then I've only had minor issues with them and everything has been solved to my satisfaction. Verizon has the superior 'capability' but will that be what your after? Only you can answer that.

0 Likes