Switch Account

So

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

So

Message 1 of 4
(1,005 Views)

I was offered a deal with DirecTV that I might not be able to pass up.  Free DVR service for the first 12 months plus their On Demand service.  I called Verizon and asked if they could offer me something to stay with Verizon and they essentially said no and if I wanted DVR I could add it to my account for an additional $20 per month.  DirecTV is going offer me the service above for $80 a month....

Weird

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: So

Message 2 of 4
(882 Views)

Everyone offers great deals for new customers.

Not so much for existing customers.

When your 2 years are up with DirecTv (or maybe even sooner as some provider deals are just for the first year of a 2 year contract) your rates will go up. And they probably won't give you as good a deal as you can get for coming back to Verizon.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 3 of 4
(876 Views)

@sparker781 wrote:

I was offered a deal with DirecTV that I might not be able to pass up.  Free DVR service for the first 12 months plus their On Demand service.  I called Verizon and asked if they could offer me something to stay with Verizon and they essentially said no and if I wanted DVR I could add it to my account for an additional $20 per month.  DirecTV is going offer me the service above for $80 a month....

Weird

As a recent DirecTV customer, there are two things you should know - 1) DirecTV On Demand is free anyway, so you're not getting anything extra and 2) Not only does DirecTV On Demand have a significantly smaller offering than FiOS (or most other providers) the On Demand offerings download through your internet connection, not the satellite. And the experience can be painful, even with a fast FiOS connection. 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 4 of 4
(794 Views)

I'll add to the Directv thing.

If it says 1 year (yet you have to sign a 2 yr deal) expect the rates to be jacked up a lot after the first year be it for the dvr service or the service itself.

When I signed up years ago the deal was for one year, but I had to sign a 2 year contract. After the first year my rates tripled in price.

Make sure you know what your rates will be after 1 year.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.