Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Sports Channels

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Sports Channels

Message 1 of 10
(10,799 Views)
Will FIOS ever include NESN, MASN, or YES sports channels?  I have calleed VZ and the phone reps don't have an answer.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Sports Channels

Message 2 of 10
(10,788 Views)

Yes is available nationally however you will only be able to get games if you are in the NY/North NJ market.

MASN and NESN are available depending where you live.

The best way to find out waht channels are available to would be here:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 10
(10,783 Views)
There would be no point in having NESN or MASN nationally just as there is none to have YES nationally because all of the sporting events carried on those networks have to blacked out outside of the regional viewing area. 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 10
(10,779 Views)
I believe DirectTV carries YES, and NESN.  At least that was the case when I lived In Baltimore. Thanks.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 5 of 10
(10,758 Views)

The Yes Network is available on FIOS Channel 595, part of the Extreme HD Package.

As ChanrlesH indicated it will NOT show the games unless you are in the Yankees Local Market due to league Blackout Rules.

The same blackout rules would apply to  Dish and DirectTV.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 10
(10,754 Views)

@NavyGuy wrote:
I believe DirectTV carries YES, and NESN.  At least that was the case when I lived In Baltimore. Thanks.

There are different rules for terrestrial vs. satellite which is why D-TV can offer out of market sports and Verizon (or any other cable system) can't.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 7 of 10
(10,751 Views)
When I had DirectTV I only had access to my local sports networks, unless I paid for a Sports Subscription or a package (NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB Package, etc).
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 8 of 10
(10,671 Views)

@BrianMcD wrote:
When I had DirectTV I only had access to my local sports networks, unless I paid for a Sports Subscription or a package (NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB Package, etc).

Back in 2000 I had Direct-TV (in a distibuted apartment system) and I thought they had an option to pick up a bunch of the Fox Sports channels (out of market).  Then again, it couild just be a "senior" moment Smiley Very Happy .

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 10
(10,250 Views)
I want to switch from Comcast to FIOS TV, but the channel lineup does not list MASN. I live in the DC area, zip 22192. Can that be right that MASN isn't available 20 miles south of DC? That would be a show-stopper for me.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 10 of 10
(9,718 Views)
MASN (and MASN HD) is on Vz in our area on channels 77 and 577. MASN2 is on channel 1. Likewise, Comcast Sportsnet is on 76/576.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.