Switch Account

Starz/Encore with Ultimate HD plan?

Starz/Encore with Ultimate HD plan?

SOLVED
Contributor BelAirBill
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(7,324 Views)

Can anyone confirm if Starz & Encore are part of the Ultimate HD package?  I'm considering switching from cable and trying to get a reasonable apples-to-apples comparison of my current plan vs. the FIOS offerings.

I've been trying to find the information myself, but I'm getting mixed information:

• When I go through the ordering process and start with a bundle that includes Ultimate HD as the TV programming, there are add-on packages for HBO and CInemax, but no add-on for Starz & Encore (but they are available as add-ons to the Extreme HD bundle via the Movie package, which also includes SHO/TMC)
  • I've checked the channel lineup page, but the information there has changed 3 times in as many weeks, so I don't know how reliable it is (as of this writing, it shows that Encore is not available on any of the 3 tiers, but STARZ HDTV is available in all 3 tiers, but none of the other Starz channels are available in any tier)
  • I got an e-mail from Verizon support that said "Starz & Encore are part of the Movie Package, and are therefore included in the Ultimate HD package.".  However, I'm skeptical of this response and think that if I reference that e-mail after ordering I'll get a runaround that sounds like "we're sorry you were given the wrong information, but those channels are not included"

Now that I've spent a week waiting for the forum registration process to finally work, I figured I'd ask here if anyone receives Starz & Encore as part of the Ultimate HD bundle (outside of any specially tiered NY or similar markets)

2 REPLIES 2
Copper Contributor PCR0829
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(7,285 Views)

BelAirBill,

I upgraded to Ultimate HD a couple of weeks ago.  Starz/Encore was not part of the package.  There is a seperate Ultimate HD Movie package for $9.99 a month that you'll need to subscribe to in order to receive Starz and Encore. 

And just as an FYI, I had to call in to upgrade to the bundle as well since the Starz/Encore package wasn't available for me to order online during the upgrading process for some reason.

Hope this information helps!

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(7,273 Views)

It may vary by region (NYC gets every movie channel with Ultimate HD), but in my area (MA) it's just Showtime, TMC, and Epix.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.