Streaming Survey Questions
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Fios Community!

Our internal product team would like your feedback on these two questions:

1. What is the biggest factor when deciding what streaming service to purchase? 

2. Is there a streaming service that best aligns with the Verizon Fios Internet service? 

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions!!

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Re: Streaming Survey Questions
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

biggest factor will be price followed by relevant content to me/my family

i'm not aware of a streaming service that best aligns with FiOS internet, as the main problem with FiOS is the channel packaging.  customers should be able to choose which channels they want without having to pay for the highest bundle.  i get that certain channels must be tacked on with others just to remain profitable, but making the channel lineup ala cart would be ideal.  given that most streaming providers charge $40-50/month, FiOS can really take an advantage here by offering a custom lineup.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Nilsa_VZ wrote:

Hello Fios Community!

Our internal product team would like your feedback on these two questions:

1. What is the biggest factor when deciding what streaming service to purchase? 

2. Is there a streaming service that best aligns with the Verizon Fios Internet service? 

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions!!

1) Price and channel selections. Most streaming services run from $45-$80 and there are no hidden fees or taxes tacked on. These streaming services offer free DVR as well as no contracts crap. Additionally the streaming must be unlimited with no slow downs or added costs. (Things verizon can never do)

2) Personally there are no external streaming services that “align” with Verizon. If you are referring to greed or terrible product then i would say align with AT&T which made a huge mess with Directvnow now renamed AT&T television. It was a service that started out reasonable in price, offered 150+ stations at $35-$70-$90 and proceeded to drop channels, raise rates constantly and lost million+ customers.

Personally google tv is pretty good at the $50 price, offers 65 stations and has local programming and news. Their DVR service works excellent with no added charges and again no sports or bogus fees companies like verizon and cable tack on. 

You would also have to disassociate the streaming tv from your service all together, so as not to ruin the streaming partners reputation with verizon fios gotchas.

hope that answers your survey 😀

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/08/att-brings-cable-tv-prices-to-online-streamin...

This backs up my point about the AT&T tv service. Read the above link.

if verizon fios is anything like this, you will be doing the same antics. On streaming.

they are losing customers left and right and center.

a service like sling tv with tv and pricing based on the stations chosen with no hidden fees and bogus taxes and surcharges would be a good start for verizon.

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello  jmcohen23,

Thank you for your response. I will share this with the team. 

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello jonjones,

Thank you for your responses. I will share this with the team. 

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
NRAPatron19751
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about carrying the new ACC Network?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NRAPatron1975 wrote:

How about carrying the new ACC Network?

They do on channel 829 HD and 329 SD. 

Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you Edg1. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Price is the number 1 reason to go to streaming.  Channels can be completely dublicated by utilizing  1 or perhaps 2 streaming services at a siginifantly lower cost. However, the only reason streaming is lower cost is due to the setop box & DVR fees charged when using Fios.  Go to a IPTV system which would eliminate the boxes and make Fios price competive with streaming services.  Keeping the short term box rental fees will not work for Fios's future success.