Switch Account

Streaming Survey Questions

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Streaming Survey Questions

Message 11 of 14
(955 Views)

If I am paying for cable TV, I should not need to pay for other streaming services. All of the channels that are provided on my TV box should be available in an app. Spectrum TV and Comcast both offer this without any additonal charges. The only requirement is that you have at least one TV box and cable TV service.  Your cable service is available in a streaming app form to use with Roku, Firestick, etc. Also, if Fios is offering Disney+, then they should offer it on their TV boxes like they do for Netflix and You Tube. If all a person has is internet, and a Fios TV box, they cannot access Disney+ without some sort of additional cost such as Firestick, Smart TV, Xbox, Playstation,etc.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 12 of 14
(924 Views)

FiOS is only offering Disney+ for new subsribers and only for a limited time.

Comcast APP is listed as beta and only free for a limited time.
They can start charging at any time.

And I believe it only works on Samsung and Roku.

You can use your Verizon account and access avery large number of content provider apps. Given that Verizon only has 5M subscribers, the cost of maintaining an app is probably not worth it.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 13 of 14
(879 Views)

1) Biggest factor is a difficult question to answer, but the reason I've chosen to go streaming-only with YouTube TV is cost - specifically, hardware costs. I simply cannot justify paying Verizon $66 extra every month to have DVR service ($30) and the associated hardware to go along with it ($36), when I get unlimited DVR and no monthly hardware costs from YTTV. While I think Fios offers a better all-around TV service, specifically with regards to channel selection, it's not significant enough to stomach that extra $66 every month.

2) YouTube TV works great with my Fios internet connection, but, honestly, all the streaming services we use, or have used, have worked equally as well - Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, Sling, Tubi, Pluto, Philo, Fubo, HBO Go, WatchATT. Fios internet is without peer as far as I'm concerned.

Hope that information helps. Merry Christmas. 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 14 of 14
(837 Views)

Totally agree.  If I dump Fios TV, it will be 100% because of the hardware cost.  $66 for DVR & Boxes.  Fios TV would be cheaper than most Streaming services without these hardware fees.  With an ever increasing number of their customers cutting the cord, it is time for Fios to look at correcting this with the multiple available ways of dealing with it.  It is their choice.  They can go with the short term profits of renting equipment or eliminate the Boxes with built in DVR service and be viable for years to come. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.