Subscribed Guide Showing Channels I Don't Have
EFFeX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, everyone. Recently the guide has started showing channels that I am not subscribed to even when using the "Subscribed" filter. The two that I can think of right off the bat are BBC America HD and Dest AM. If I don't have these channels that's fine and all, but when are they still showing up when using the "Subscribed" filtering on the guide? Anyone else have this trouble? Any solutions?

0 Likes
Re: Subscribed Guide Showing Channels I Don't Have
EFFeX
Enthusiast - Level 3

No suggestions huh?

I noticed additional channels in thr Subcribed guide today as well such as "Game Show Network". Is Verizon changing it's package line up for Prime HD or something? Either way when I switch to these channels it shows them as not available.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@EFFeX wrote:

Hello, everyone. Recently the guide has started showing channels that I am not subscribed to even when using the "Subscribed" filter. The two that I can think of right off the bat are BBC America HD and Dest AM. If I don't have these channels that's fine and all, but when are they still showing up when using the "Subscribed" filtering on the guide? Anyone else have this trouble? Any solutions?

You sure you don't have them?  They did change what packages have them not that long ago.  And its also possible that they are in free preview at the moment.

0 Likes
EFFeX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Basically what is happening is that they show as if I have them when I select the Subscribed filter. However, if I flip to that channel, I get the "You are not subcribed to" screen.

Just found a new one, Pentagon Channel. Very strange, all this started this month. It's either a glitch or these are channels that they are planning on adding that just aren't ready yet?

Anyone with Prime HD in Rhode Island getting this issue too?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have Prime HD.  I have the exact same experience in suburban Philadelphia.  Annoying.

0 Likes
EFFeX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I contacted Verizon about this and the rep really didn't have a straight forward answer. He simply said that these channels aren't part of Prime HD and couldn't explain why they were showing up all of a sudden. I asked if it would always be like this and he said yes. However, then he said we could try to remove them by power cycling my router and at that point I knew the conversation was going no where.

0 Likes