Switch Account

Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV

Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 301 of 1,189
(3,247 Views)

Here on Long Island - why don't we get the MSG Networks in HD?  Is it some lame Cablevision thing to try to make a reason for people to subscribe to their lousy service by holding back the HD channels? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 302 of 1,189
(3,220 Views)

They have been telling me for a year they are getting it but I think they keep on saying this to shut me up.  In the beginning they didn't even have MSG and Cabelvision gave them hell before letting them have those channels.  {please keep it relevant}

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 303 of 1,189
(3,211 Views)

Any news regarding NASA TV being added to the regular channels?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 304 of 1,189
(3,171 Views)

That is correct. Cablevision will not let Verizon carry the HD versions. They claim that they took the initiative to produce it, so they don't have to sell it to other providers. We'll see what happens when MSG is spun off as a separate business, supposedly by the end of the year.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 305 of 1,189
(3,136 Views)

I'll post here to make it official:

Please return CSN+ Mid Atlantic to Howard County, MD FiOS channel line up.

I joined FiOS in January 2009 and we got CSN+ on channel 1 through the end of the Caps' 2008/09 season. Now it has been taken away.

The Washington Capitals and Wizards play their home games at Verizon Center. If it's worth paying for the naming rights to their arena then is it not worth carrying all their games?

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 306 of 1,189
(3,124 Views)

Come on VZ - TCN Philaedelphia [edit] Comcast has made it perfectly clear that the channel IS available if VZ wants to purchase it.  Tonight is ANOTHER Flyers game we'll be missing even though your sales reps in August when we signed up VERY clearly said "all Flyers games are on Fios".  {please keep your posts courteous}and add TCN.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 307 of 1,189
(3,115 Views)

First, every big cable and sat provider except Verizon carries CSN+ in MD and VA. It baffles me why Verizon would think this channel is important enough to carry in the DC Metro area, but not include it for the rest of the CSN DC area. DirecTV has even figured out a way to carry games from The Comcast Network (DC) without carrying the whole channel.

Second, carrying The Comcast Network in the CSN Philly region would make Verizon a true competitor to Comcast. The lack of some Flyers, 76ers, and Phillies games is the only thing keeping a lot of people from leaving Comcast. This baffles me too, since we all know that Verizon execs are smart enough to know this.

I just don't get it. I have to go now so I can go to a sports bar to watch the Caps game.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 308 of 1,189
(3,102 Views)

CSN plus... I need to watch the Caps games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 309 of 1,189
(3,099 Views)

Please add CSN+ to AA County Maryland.  It can't take up much bandwidth, it's the blurriest channel even on Comcast.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 310 of 1,189
(3,076 Views)

Please add Comcast Sportsnet Plus

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.