Re: Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV
elicea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm requesting for CSN+ to be added to the FiOS channel line up in the Newport News, VA area.

jim49

How about Fox Sports Southwest Plus.  More and more sporting events are being shown on this channel especially Dallas Stars games.  Every other provider carries this channel!!!!

0 Likes
MikeYenco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to see all the channels that are currently available on Verizon only as digital standard definition also offered in HD (obviously this would only be those that have HD offerings).  Here is my shortlist:

MyTV - WZMY 50

PBS - WENH 11

ION - 68 (I do happen to know this one exists in HD since I had it with Comcast before switching to FiOS).

PBS - WGBX 44

PBS - GBH Kids

PBS - WGBX World

PBS - WGBX Create

MSNBC (I believe I read somewhere online that this one exists in HD)

BBC World News

C-SPAN

C-SPAN2

C-SPAN3

NECN

Style

GSN

Sleuth

BBC America HD (Just saw an ad for this on BBC America)

Nick 2

Cartoon Network

Boomerang

FUNimation

Weatherscan Local

Oh, and add my vote for NASA TV in SD & HD.

Also would like to see Weather Channel and Weatherscan Local use feeds that are actually local if possible.  I'm in North Central MA... the conditions in Boston frequently do not match.

0 Likes
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1

WZMY My TV 50, WGBX and all its subchannels don't have HD offerings, but you forgot ABC WMUR 9 from Manchester, NH.

0 Likes
MikeYenco
Enthusiast - Level 2

ssetta,

Thanks for the info on MyTV and WGBX (and subchannels).  I figured there would be some content on my shortlist not yet broadcasting in HD.   I didn't so much forget ABC WMUR 9 as it just wasn't toward the top of my personal shortlist because I don't find myself really watching it much, and most times when I've looked at the IMG it is showing the same content as ABC WCVB 5. Then again, I've only had FiOS for less than one week and there is only so much TV one can watch in a day with such a wide variety to choose from Smiley Wink   But as I said, I'd be happy to see any channels currently available only in SD added in HD if the option is available.

I'm also rather happy in reading back through this thread to see that some of the older requests that were made are now available in HD.  Gives me hope for the future and is a nice change from my previous cable provider who took channels away while raising their price. 

0 Likes
TXVixen

My husband and I wish the Spice channel (and the other channels Spice now has) were offered for monthly subscriptions instead of just Playboy TV.

Also would love NASA, & BBC America

Thanks!  Smiley Wink

0 Likes
acitrano
Enthusiast - Level 3

FTV (Fashion TV) HD

NASA HD

Crime & Investigation HD

MSNBC HD

Smiley Happy

0 Likes
annandaleva
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pay for the Sports HD tier (or whatever it's called).

(Northern Virginia area)

We get Comcast Sportsnet (CSN), Comcast Sportsnet HD (CSN-HD), but not Comcast Sportsnet Plus (CSN+).

This is important for local sports coverage. Specifically, the local NHL team's games are on CSN most of the time, but sometimes on CSN+.

This (local NHL games) is one of the top 2 reasons we have fios.

Local cable providers have CSN+.

Several friends have stayed with COX and DirectTV becasue of this.

What's a reasonable timeframe for this channel to be made available?

Would someone from the decision chain follow up?

Also:

Like the NASA ideas presented.

Please continue to add On Demand, particularly for kids.

Pharos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anybody know how Verizon adds new channels to its TV service?

According to one official article, one channel that I've been waiting 1 year for, TV Globo International, signed a contract with Verizon and will finally be available for subcribing, but it didn't say when. Smiley Indifferent

Does Verizon add channels in "waves"  or they add them as they become available? Anybody know any additional details about this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
adkrasinski2
Enthusiast - Level 3

ESPN Classic HD

NESN Plus HD

Verizon HD

Fox Soccer HD

CNN International HD

CNBC World HD

BBC World HD