Re: Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV
mhoz
Enthusiast - Level 1

FSC+ HD

This is a deal breaker. Fios needs to get this now. Actually, yesterday.

Thanks

chamojones

@film11 wrote:
Never intended to start a brouhaha.  It just struck me as odd that there would be such a flurry of requests, when more popular channels that have already been out for a while get fewer.  I had a feeling that there was some external site directing folks here, which I guess you've confirmed.  No biggie...it just explains a lot.  Nothing wrong with making the requests.  I was just curious as to where some of them might be coming from.  Anyway, as I said before, I have heard that Verizon is working on adding FSC as soon as possible.  Just keep in mind how difficult Fox can be in negotiations, which can often delay start-ups.

No worries film11. You just thought the other channels were more popular than FSC 😉

As other first time posters have stated, there was no reason to request channels on this forum until a channel with compelling enough content was available but not carried by this provider.

0 Likes
ThunderT
Enthusiast - Level 1

FSC HD

BBC America HD

yogi

There are several Telugu TV channels (Indian) out there that are offered by Dish and DirectTV; however, it requires satellite installation and if you have an obstruction on the south side of your house, you just can't get the international dish needed.

If you offer the following channel, I think there would be a lot of interest.

ETV Telugu

Gemini TV Telugu

Teja TV

TV 9

ETV offers a huge channel lineup for several regional languages and a lot of people would be interested if you could offer the whole ETV channel lineup - most of the Indian community living in the US.

This would certainly encourage me to join.... are you considering adding these channels to your lineup anytime in the future?

Would love to see that happen.

0 Likes
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just had Fios installed yesterday. I really want to see FSC-HD added to the line-up. I sent a tweet to the Vz. rep @ twitter last week. Hopefully, the next report will be more positive!

Joanne

I would like to get Hallmark Movie channel, you can get the movie channel if you have the lowest package, and if you have the highest package, but not the middle package.  Does this make any sense?  You can't purchase it.  I always thought that each package built on each other.  Was this a mistake?  No one in Verizon can answer me, the reps have no idea why this is.  Have never heard of such a thing and didn't know about it until I called.  No one seems to know what can be done to correct it or who did this, who can I call or what else can I do as a consumer? 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

SurPeru. Spanish channel.

Directv has it, and it is one of the only true Peruvian channels offered. Directv has a deal with Verizon to sell its services. It seems like to me that Verizon could work a deal to provide that channel to its FIOS market. As of now that is not possible due to an exclusive deal with Directv. I was told by the channel provider that it was DTVs choice, and they would provide it to what ever providers DTV allowed them. Perhaps it would eliminate the exclusive right for DTV and force then to allow other cable operators to provide it. Politics! I would even upgrade my package and agree to another two years if this were to happen, and I am sure my wife would be behind me 100%. The Brazillian channel was just added, why not Peru?

There is a large Peruvian population that has DTV just for this reason.

0 Likes
big_willy
Enthusiast - Level 1

PLEASE add FSC HD

Are more people seriously watching OutdoorHD, TennisHD, or even...  Wolrd Fishing Network HD?  

There seems to be plenty of people asking for FSC HD!

ynwared
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm under the impression that this might only be marginally more effective than yelling this out a random skyscraper window, but here goes - 

Please add Fox Soccer HD and Fox Soccer Plus to the Verizon FiOS lineup.

The primary reason I went with FiOS TV was the availability of Setanta. As they will cease broadcasting in the US at the end of February, I'll be forced to look elsewhere for soccer coverage.

TheoLogical
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reason FiOS has to hurry with FSC HD, if at all they plan to carry it, is because the soccer season is at the 60-70% mark when things are really getting exciting. The season ends in May. So if you get the channel in the summer it will be too late.

Then again, you have the standard definition FSC, so it's not as if people are not getting the games. But please do hurry up as there is lots of good soccer going on these days. That's why you are getting so many people on here asking for FSC HD.   

The world cup games would be in HD on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC. So you already have that covered.