Re: Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV
BigBaseballFan

I think it is vitally important that Verizon broadcast MASN2HD, in HD, instead of regular transmission, in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro areas.  MASN2HD carries both the Washington Nationals and the Baltimore Orioles.  These two teams are very popular in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro areas.  Other providers, in the area, Xfinity and DirecTV, both broadcast  MASN2HD, in HD.  (Both Xfinity and DirecTV continue to offer me debit cards to break my contract, with Verizon.  While I like Verizon, I want to receive MASN2HD, in HD, as customers of Xfinity and DirecTV do.)  Verizon TV customers, in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro areas would be much more satisfied with Verizon TV, and more likely to continue to be customers of Verizon TV, if Verizon broadcasted MASN2HD, in HD, in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro areas.

0 Likes
andygilberto

Verizon Fios is the only tv provider that I know of that doesn't offer a Spanish Channel with programming from the Dominican Republic..

Que pasa Verizon?

0 Likes
johnradio

I would like to know why I have lost the Slueth Channel (ch. 186).......I used to get this channel and about a week ago I can no longer view without "subscribing".  It was part of my basic package and is now gone!!

Good luck trying to reach customer service........I have now been on hold for 49 minutes and am about to give up.

I will be switching back to Direct TV or Dish VERY soon given this situation!!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

That channel is part of the Extreme HD or Ultimate HD package. It is no longer available in the Basic or now alled Prime HD.

If you are on a month to month plan you may have been switched to Prime HD because that is the basic package now. I am not sure what the policy is for existing packages. But if you go here it will thell you what is available in the new packages, or existing if you are in a contract. http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Channels/#channels

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice to see a little insight from FIOSTV's twitter yesterday morning regarding new HD but when..... next week? next month? next year? we need dates Verizon. If FSC-HD gets added before EPL season starts next month, I'll smile. Get BBCA-HD added soon and I'll smile and show my teeth. Give us a HD-DVR STB with a bigger hard drive OR the option to add our own external drive for free and I'll be over the moon!

0 Likes
poseyhill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would like to have Wedding Central added.

0 Likes
kaymills

Hi Kathleen!

I would love to see Wedding Central in the lineup!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Aren't there enough channels with "wedding" shows already?  Smiley Wink

Seriously, it's owned by Rainbow Media (Cablevision), so you can probably forget it.

0 Likes
nlk10010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm with FSC-HD, BBCA-HD, or any one of the numerous national HDs Verizon doesn't carry (e.g. DIY-HD, Style-HD, E!-HD, on and on and on).

It has become apparent that you choose FIOS for quality of picture, not number or variety of channels. I think most people assume when they see the ads touting FIOS' technical superiority that there is virtually unlimited bandwidth for HD; funny, it becomes apparent only after you sign up that this is not the case.

We are supposedly getting ID-HD and NatGeoWild-HD; I'm certain this has nothing to do with Verizon responding to the demands of its customers. Rather, these are probably the cheapest HD channels they could get.

0 Likes
edect

I would like to know if and when Verizon plans to add MASN2 HD?

0 Likes