Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Reply
ocean25
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Posts: 279
Registered: ‎08-07-2010

Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 1 of 23
(5,998 Views)

After seeing all of the shows that others want to have "added" to programming, I thought a thread

about which channels that should be dropped might be a good idea?

 

I have no interest in any of the Cooking shows. (I'm sure some do, but just to get this rolling)  Smiley Wink

 

 

22 REPLIES 22
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,820
Registered: ‎08-23-2008

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 2 of 23
(5,977 Views)

All the .TV channels that take up the HD space. I say pay them off and cut your losses Verizon.

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 2,323
Registered: ‎08-05-2008

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 3 of 23
(5,965 Views)

 


@prisaz wrote:

All the .TV channels that take up the HD space. I say pay them off and cut your losses Verizon.


Second that emotion.  Waste of bandwidth using up 3 QAMs

 

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,820
Registered: ‎08-23-2008

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 4 of 23
(5,954 Views)

 


@Keyboards wrote:

 


@prisaz wrote:

All the .TV channels that take up the HD space. I say pay them off and cut your losses Verizon.


Second that emotion.  Waste of bandwidth using up 3 QAMs

 


Yea **bleep** me actually fought for those coming soon stations. Had I known they were going to be like 24hr infomercials I would have not complained so much about the coming soon not coming.Smiley Sad

 

One concern about this thread. If we get what everyone asks for and have over 1000 postings, we hill not have any FiOS TV. Oh well if we had half we would not have and FiOS TV. Considering the not yet published statistics on the what we want thread, I don't think we need to worry. FiOS TV will be around for a long time. Just as long as it does not become OWN TV.Smiley Sad

 

Thank you Lithium for preventing me from calling myself a rude name.Smiley Very Happy

 

ScottM
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎07-06-2009

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 5 of 23
(5,899 Views)

I vote to drop the .tv garbage too. 

FiOS carries 6 HD channels of garbage and I still couldn’t get all Orioles and Nationals games in HD this past summer?   Just curious, is there anyone out there that actually likes the .tv channels?   Are there any other cable or satellite providers that carry these channels?  

Funny, I can get all of the Recipe.TV programming for FREE on WBAL-DT2 (FiOS 460).  What a joke! 

I hate soccer but I can feel for those who are screaming for FSC-HD while FiOS carries the .tv garbage.  Personally I want BBCA-HD.  I want BBCA-HD!  The only thing I’ve gotten from FiOS in the past 2 years is the removal of west coast premium channels with nothing of value in return.  FiOS is apparently in a clueless funk of stagnation as far as HD programming goes.  

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,820
Registered: ‎08-23-2008

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 6 of 23
(5,850 Views)

 


@ScottM wrote:

I vote to drop the .tv garbage too. 

FiOS carries 6 HD channels of garbage and I still couldn’t get all Orioles and Nationals games in HD this past summer?   Just curious, is there anyone out there that actually likes the .tv channels?   Are there any other cable or satellite providers that carry these channels?  

Funny, I can get all of the Recipe.TV programming for FREE on WBAL-DT2 (FiOS 460).  What a joke! 

I hate soccer but I can feel for those who are screaming for FSC-HD while FiOS carries the .tv garbage.  Personally I want BBCA-HD.  I want BBCA-HD!  The only thing I’ve gotten from FiOS in the past 2 years is the removal of west coast premium channels with nothing of value in return.  FiOS is apparently in a clueless funk of stagnation as far as HD programming goes.  


I believe in Verizon's push to have the most HD, and the big HD add once the analog went away, there was an exclusive for the .TV channels. I don't blame Verizon for having them because we all thought they would be something different. Had a different idea of what they would be. It would be nice if they could cut their losses. I bet since FiOS is the only provider that carries the channels, there would be a major law suite even if Verizon attempted to pay off the contracted amount. Also it would be one huge payout, that probably is much easier to swallow over a period of time. So I guess we all eat this one, no matter how bad the taste. Like a bad dream.

 

I would love to be a fly on that contract negotiation wall.

 

ocean25
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Posts: 279
Registered: ‎08-07-2010

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 7 of 23
(5,807 Views)

@Keyboards wrote:

 


@prisaz wrote:

All the .TV channels that take up the HD space. I say pay them off and cut your losses Verizon.


Second that emotion.  Waste of bandwidth using up 3 QAMs

 


    +3  Now *this* makes sense!

film11
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Posts: 503
Registered: ‎08-06-2009

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 8 of 23
(5,711 Views)

I think we all agree on removing the .tv channels.  But I'd also vote for dumping Universal-HD.  Once a terrific channel, now they show cropped and censored movies, T.J. Hooker re-runs, etc.,   I'm sure they might occasionally have something someone would miss (EVERY channel can make that claim), I can't think of any channel that is such a loss of potential as this one.

Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I
Posts: 752
Registered: ‎10-18-2010

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 9 of 23
(5,689 Views)

@prisaz wrote:

All the .TV channels that take up the HD space. I say pay them off and cut your losses Verizon.


A BIG FOURTH HERE!!! The god awful .tv channels are a total joke. Half of their daily programming (on each channel) is INFOMERCIALS broadcast in SD!!! The rest of the time it's the same shows repeated ad nauseum. Pathetic. What a total waste of QAM space!!!!

 

 Verizon really screwed the pooch on that deal!!! The thought that some of my subscription money (even a single cent) is going to pay for those GARBAGE channels really Grinds My Gears.  Smiley Mad

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,820
Registered: ‎08-23-2008

Re: Suggest channels to DROP from Verizon FiOS...

Message 10 of 23
(5,668 Views)

 


@ocean25 wrote:

After seeing all of the shows that others want to have "added" to programming, I thought a thread

about which channels that should be dropped might be a good idea?

 

I have no interest in any of the Cooking shows. (I'm sure some do, but just to get this rolling)  Smiley Wink

 

 


Sorry. I guess everyone likes food. But the recipe.tv channel is the pits. I do like your Idea regarding votes. Perhaps there should be votes for, as well as votes against programming.

 

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started


Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title