Switch Account

TAMPA TBS - Playing random local commercials during....

TAMPA TBS - Playing random local commercials during....

Highlighted
Contributor Willwill
Contributor
Message 1 of 14
(9,612 Views)

MLB post season games, what [edit] gives? In the middle of an inning during play they are breaking away and running 2 commercials and we are missing action. WHAT GIVES?? Who do we hang about this?

It was doing it last night, and i let it go. But, now that the yankees are on... [edit]? It's NOT TBS. doesn't happen to my father on brighthouse, but my house with fios it does!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 14
(9,513 Views)

Anything is possible... but Verizon does not have control over the content aired on ANY channel...

that would be an issue with TBS's feed, plain and simple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 14
(9,504 Views)

@Bob_Robertson wrote:

Anything is possible... but Verizon does not have control over the content aired on ANY channel...

that would be an issue with TBS's feed, plain and simple.

I have to disagree on this. I watched all of the games all day yesteday, sick in my recliner, and I don't remember a single one of those ads happening here in Texas. I am guessing that the local VHO down there is inserting the ads and they are doing it based on some signal contained in the TBS feed, and either the signal is in the wrong place or Verizon is keying on the wrong signal.

Were the local ads or national ones? I am guessing local.

If it is still happening all I can think of to do is call the FSC and report it.

Of course I have been wrong before Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 14
(9,499 Views)

I have to agree with justin on this one, one time a friend of mine was having a similar issue in a different area and it was verizon adding the comercials not TBS.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor DCJ
Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 14
(9,495 Views)

Sarasota TBS(channel 52) is also cutting in with commercials during play in the middle of an inning.  It happened on Wednesday's first game and today's first game between the Phillies and Rockies.  Some of the commericals are for verizon fios.  Go figure.

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 6 of 14
(9,490 Views)

You guys should totally call Verizon and complain about the commercials....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 7 of 14
(9,486 Views)

@Bob_Robertson wrote:

You guys should totally call Verizon and complain about the commercials....

Yep....it's the only way to get it fixed I think. And again, at least for me, I am not seeing it today either in Texas.

Keller, TX 76248 I am not seeing this in Texas.

Highlighted
Contributor TheGovernor11
Contributor
Message 8 of 14
(9,424 Views)
Just happened to me in Boston. One out, top of the ninth, second pitch, and boom, we got commercials and miss the at bat.
Highlighted
Contributor Willwill
Contributor
Message 9 of 14
(9,389 Views)

I Don't know who to call? Verizon unless you are opening new service they don't answer!~

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 10 of 14
(9,380 Views)

Tech Support 1 888 553 1555 available 24/7

and dont yell at or give a hard time to the poor schlub that answers.... he/she porbably has no idea about the issue, and can do nothing about it, other than "send a ticket up"

have them send the ticket, and refer them to the forums for proof of multiple customers complainign about the same thinng, if need be

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.