Re: TCM HD
tankhimo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon no more listens to its customers than Google or any other tech behemoth company - they don't even have email support. They send you to forums to vent off your frustrations and don't do anything about it.

I just spent an hour on a chat with a representative who seemed to care, just to get disconnected, and after 10 minutes of waiting was connected to another, who told me to call customer service on the phone. I am not wasting my time on that. I will use my first year of promotional pricing and then go back to RCN, where you can actually get some customer service. And Turner Classic Movies in High Definition.

Sammy14221
Contributor - Level 1

TCM-HD is a must have station for me as I am an old time Hollywood film buff. It is really shocks me that just about every major carrier in the USA has TCM-HD in their lineup except Verizon Fios.

I am also shocked that as an Ultimate TV package subscriber with premiums that many  of the premium networks are still carried in SD and not HD. (Retro Plex, Indie Plex and the Encore networks are prime examples) This along with other SD stations such as American Heroes and El Rey that just about every provider carries in HD.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

El Rey and AHC as not as widely carried as you might think.
Here is a good site that shows who carries what in HD.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/2806945-official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-c...

wkleschi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been posting on here and calling Verizon to request Turner Classic Movies for ten years, and it is still not here in the year 2018. Many movies shown on TCM are from the 1960's and 70's, widescreen 16:9 and panavision. I was a Comcast customer ten years ago and I remember watching Ben Mackowitz and Robert Osbourne, who sadly passed away not too long ago. Verizon does carry TCM's competitor American Movie Classics (AMC), you can do the math on that one.

eschulma

I too was am RCN subscriber. I switched when we moved because we wanted FiOS for internet anyway and the bundle is much cheaper than separately. But lacking TCM HD (and also Outside TV) I am really regretting this change.

0 Likes
garysb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The TCM APP on Amazon's FireTV has recently been updated to include live streaming of the East and West Coast feeds of the Live Broadcast of TCM . So finally after complaining for years that FIOS doesn't broadcast TCM in HD I finally have it. 

0 Likes
Sammy14221
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, the rest of us that don't have the Fire App still get TCM in SD. I do not understand why FIOS does offer TCM in HD!

0 Likes
TCM HD When will it be added Verizon?
Sammy14221
Contributor - Level 1

I have been waiting over 3 years for TCM in high definition. As a film fan, I am shocked that TCM-HD hasn't been added to the high definition lineup. Why can't this channel be added?

0 Likes
Re: TCM HD When will it be added Verizon?
R11223
Enthusiast - Level 1

Most tv providers offer TCM IN HD. I Was told by Fios Support member that the agreement between Fios & TCM was for SD only. In the 21 century I find this hard to believe. For what most people pay for Fios they have a lot of gall to offer TBS & TNT  in HD. AND NOT TCM.SORRI  I got rid of Dish for what I. Thought was a state of the art provider. Wake up Verizon and listen to the people who keep you in business

0 Likes
Re: TCM HD When will it be added Verizon?
Sammy14221
Contributor - Level 1

I have a Roku and they finally added TCM in HD. Now I can watch TCM in HD quality all the time. Here is the Roku link: https://blog.roku.com/watch-tcm

0 Likes