TLC Go app and Verizon FIOS
mth145
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon FIOS become a known provider to the TLC Go app? I need to use the app with a Roku because we have Verizon Custom TV News and Variety for the channels we watch a lot. Unfortunatley, TLC is not in that package. 

When I use the app and a show needs to be "unlocked", I complete the steps but am informed that Verizon Fios is not on their list of providers.  How can that be when Verizon is such a big company. Right?

Who needs to be notified in the Verizon Corporation to get on the band wagon??

Re: TLC Go app and Verizon FIOS
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a good chance that if TLC is not included in your package, you would not be able to watch it even if Verizon was a listed provider.

Verizon doesn't have an agreement for any of the Discovery family of channels.

0 Likes
aprider1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have VerizonFIOS and access to TLC.  But I cannot connect TLCGO since there is no VerizonFIOS option.  It would seem that VerizonFIOS should support TLCGO.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Normally its the other way around.  TLCgo must support Verizon.  For some of these go service it was their problem.

Of course it could be that Verizon isn't paying them for the service.

0 Likes
CJJ2

I also can't see AnimalPlant Go. Same think. FIOS not a choice. I went to TLC and AnimalPlanet. They say they will notify me when available. Don't tell me why they are not. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe that FIOS customers have access to any of the Go Apps in the Discovery channel family.

No idea why.

0 Likes
carol251
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is ridiculous that the high prices that Verizon Fios charges that they do not have these apps like tlc and id go.  There customer service sucks and you can't get through to them unless you call them.  No email address.  I think I might be looking for other internet/tv/phone options when my contract is up because there service leaves a lot to be desired.

Frankliar

On December 1, 2015  Discovery Go, was made available, offers users live and on-demand access to Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science Channel, Velocity, Destination America, American Heroes Channel and Discovery Life.  But AT&T, Verizon FiOS, DirecTV and Dish subscribers will have to wait until Discovery renegotiates its deals with those companies. Twenty Two months have passed an still Verizon is not listed as a customer to allow Access from streaming devices.

TLC made it easy one app for all their Channels

Here are the firms (Cheap **bleep**) removing and  failing to provide promised content

So, the app can be linked to your provider for credentials, for many many cable companies, most of which, I've never heard of.

Under the App’s Settings/FAQs, in “Who Is My TV Provider”, it has
“Don’t see your provider listed? Click Here”, which gives this list
(of providers *not* yet available…):

Comcast (Inifinity)
Time Warner Cable/Spectrum
Direct TV
Dish Network
Verizon FIOS
AT&T
Charter

We pay for the channels and are denied access via streaming devices, Fios does not offer on demand for most of the content on these channels tlc go does

0 Likes
SLH4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am not happy with this lack of access to On Demand and streaming  Apps for channels I pay for. 

susannah1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are there any updates on when this will be available?