TV Globo 1768
dmaxwe01
Enthusiast - Level 1
Has any one heard what happened to TV Globo today? They are off the air and Verizon has no idea what is happening. Furthermore, they never get the start and end times right in the schedule for their programs.
Tags (2)
Re: TV Globo 1768
Pharos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too was surprised to switch to that channel and find out it wasn't working. I'm actually on the phone now with Verizon tech support (currently on hold) to see if they can tell me what is happening. The picture quality of this channel has always been subpar (extremely pixelated compared to other SD channels) and CONSTANT audio drops. This is the only channel that suffers from this. I hope that this outage gives them the opportunity to fix those issues because they've been there since when they launched it. That's just wishful thinking, though Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it's a channel outage, and the guy on the line told me it would be back tomorrow in the afternoon.

😛

0 Likes
Nivea2

Seems like TVGlobo is still down... I call yesterday too & was told they had been having trouble with the satellite but expected it up today... I guess they were wrong... a little frustrating for those of use hooked on the Brasilian Novelas...

0 Likes
dmaxwe01
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was a big deal for my wife. I have to defend Verizon to my wife and she doesn't care about the technology if she can't get her TV Globo.  She is definitely hooked on the Brazilian soap operas and has talked many times through out the day yesterday and today how she wishes we had not let go of Dish TV. I have been trying to reassure her that Verizon and TV Globo are happy to be working together but that the technology on Verizon is the cutting edge and we must be patient.

There are some things that disturbed me, though, with their customer service and / or diagnostics on the internet and media DVR. This outage was inconsistently reported. Sometimes today they would recognize that there was an outage of 1768 and other times they would not. Sometimes they would report two channels out and sometimes five channels out and sometimes none.

Three of their people gave different answers. One said 11:59am whereas the internet said 11:50pm. The other person said "no estimate" and another said "soon".

One Verizon technician spoke disparagingly of Verizon technology. It was not good for me to handle when trying to defend Verizon to my wife so that we could keep it.

I think problems can be worked out OK and am being patient at the moment.  If we don't have proper service and billing by the day after Thanksgiving then we will go back to Dish TV, unfortunately, because I can see that Verizon is trying. Maybe they bit off more than they can chew for now.

We switched to Verizon purely becuase of TV Globo's availability and trying to get away from "snow days" on Dish TV. So, now we will see.

0 Likes