TV Package Comparison
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Is there a web site of other way to easily compare the TV channels included in each of the FIOS TV packages?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV Package Comparison
DHL2
Enthusiast - Level 1
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks for the quick response. The link does provide the information but it is very cumberson to figure out what the specific changes are. Is there some listing which all of the TV channels and the shows which package includes that channel. I currently have the Extreme package and would like an easy way of know what channels I would lose if I drop down in the package.
0 Likes
DHL2
Enthusiast - Level 1
slowfiospage

Thank you, DHL Contributor. For some reason I wasn't allowed to give you kudos. The widget link you provided worked instantly, thanks. But trying to enter verizon's site a few minutes ago, the verizon login doesn't even get past "we're looking up your account info. This will only take a moment", so I was not able to even try their "FIOS channel comparison tool". I have their Gigabit speed internet; it never ceases to amaze me that the company that sells such blazing fast internet has the slowest website, and not a very efficient account info section.

0 Likes
IMThepipe

I tried finding this before signing up for FIOS and to my knowledge, no such page/site exists.  I tried copying all the channel info for each package into a spreadsheet and comparing them that way, but that wasn't much help.  One thing that makes it more difficult is the packages are not "progressive".  In other words, some of the lower teir packages provide access to channels that are not in the upper teir packages.  You'd think the upper teir packages would include all the channels in the lower teirs, but no.  Verizons packages are "theme" based - Action & Entertainment, Sports & News, Kids & Pop, etc.  These themes don't fit every customers preferences and seem designed to prevent customers from choosing exactly what they want.  No surprise there - Verizon takes the same approach as all other cable/Internet TV providers.  They avoid a la carte options in favor of packages that are more profitable for them.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typically it is the contracts with the content providers not the desire of the cable provider that limits how they can group channels.

0 Likes