Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

TV listing search no longer working correctly

sohmc
Contributor
Contributor

TV listing search no longer working correctly

Message 1 of 3
(6,614 Views)

Has anyone else noticed that the TV listing search doesn't work correctly?  For example, if I'm looking for a football game with a team I want to watch (e.g. Penn State), no matches come up.  The only way to find the game is to look for "College Football" and then read the descriptions for each game.

Very annoying.  Anyone else have this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: TV listing search no longer working correctly

Message 2 of 3
(6,592 Views)

I have found the exact issue you have stated regarding the Penn State games.  Try searching for Nittany for the search word instead of Penn State - this has worked for me.

I agree there are many weaknesses in the FiOS search algorithm including not listing the HD version during search Smiley Mad

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
tsauter
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: TV listing search no longer working correctly

Message 3 of 3
(6,552 Views)

I too have noticed the change. Just the other day I was searching for Michigan in the guide to find the time for Saturdays game but no luck. Then I noticed that most of the games still had no program description. I am assuming because the guide info company (that sucks horribly) doesnt know which games espn is picking up and which ones it is not.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title