Re: TWC Sports Net?
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

Also everyone out there, don't listen to things like that. Imagine if everyone just took the attitude, "well it's TWC fault, who cares, i'll just wait until a deal gets done, because i really don't care either way i suppose"

Think verizon would ever make a deal with that type of customer attitude? NO. You want something tangible as proof. Go check the pac-12 network.

The sportsnet channel could easily go down this line everyone and verizon simply will stay silent and tell the customer nothing. Negotitiations still going on there verizon?  Smiley Very Happy

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still waiting for Fios to acknowledge us Laker fans. A response confirming whether or not Verizon is truely negotiating with TWC and a date we can expect to get the channel would surely be nice. We are losing patience fast. Today is the 2nd preseason game. Only more people will continue to find out that they can no longer see them on their tv's. The voices will only grow larger, and louder. You will regret losing tens of thousands of customers over 1 channel. Please if you want to make an impact on VErizon's decision sign this online petition...over 250 signatures in 5 days....

http://www.change.org/petitions/verizon-fios-add-twc-sportsnet-lakers-channel

Thedoctor46
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure what the big deal is to "some". As in my instance in the IE I have the option for both Fios and TW.

I am getting TW installed on Tue. Their triple deal doesn't even have a 12 nor 24 month commitment nor install fee.

Therefore if Fios ever does get a deal done with TW and includes the Lakers in their Basic TV lineup or if I am unhappy with TW I can always switch back. In the meantime I can watch all the Lakers I want. Smiley Wink

I also agree with some of the other posters....It's not all Verizon's fault. NO TV-programming provider carries TWS as of yet. Start making a big deal if deals are made and Verizon is left out.

Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3
The big deal is that some of us are still under contract with Verizon and just can't get out of it to switch to TWC. And other people, like my brother don't even have the option of getting TWC in Los Angeles. True this isn't all Verizon's fault but it is sad that many Laker fans are not able to watch their team this coming season. And if this is the only way for Laker fans to come together and make their voices heard then so be it.
jeweled
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will definitely have to switch over to TWC if Verizon doesn't pick up the Laker channel by the beginning of the season.

Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Does anyone know, if we purchase the NBA League Pass will Laker games be blacked out in Southern California or Los Angeles for that matter?
0 Likes
Lakerfan2
Enthusiast - Level 3
^^ I don't want to ask Verizon because they'll probably say no just to get my money and when the season starts I'll be out of luck because the games are actually blacked out.
Lakerfan46
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm going to start looking at TWC so I can get my Lakers. I think the negotiations are going to be harder to settle than we think, probably will cost more for a package and Verizon FIOS is already expensive. Need to check my contract date, but if I can I will switch now. Verizon and the others better get the deals done or thousands of subscribers like me will switch.
BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ Lakerfan, I live in the LA area and I got an NBA League Pass subscription last season and YES the local games are blacked out.

@ all verizon peeps, if Time Warner is available in your area then I would get it. 90% of everyone here are saying that they're going to switch but in actuality to verizon these statements are just empty threats because you guys are still with verizon and verizon is still getting your money... so why would they even care? For verizon to get TM SportsNet then they must see a mass exit of customers. I switched and I am one happy LAKERS fan FO SHO!!! I am in no way associated or work for TimeWarner... I was just one peon verizon customer that got lied to too many times... I learned my lesson.

GO LAKERS!!!!

chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

@lakerfan

Yes in so cal the league pass games will be blocked out.

0 Likes