Re: TWC Sports Net?
BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello All,

I'm not an attorney by no means but I seriously doubt that you will be able to get out paying an early termination just because they used to provide viewing of the LAKERS prior to your signing of your contract. The contract is for channel lineup (not LAKERS) So there is no way that the makes the contract null and void because they still have Fox Sports West and KCAL 9 in the channel lineup. Like for example if this were the case then I can get out of my contract with verizon because they aren't showing any new episodes of LOST anymore. GRRRR I so dislike verizon, I'll never go under a contract  ever again. I've already switched to TMC and YES I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching the TMC SportsNet showing the LAKERS... it was so well worth the switch and I'm under NO CONTRACT!!  So just be careful if you think that you can get out of your contract without paying an early termination fee. do your homework beforehand!! Good luck and yes I have my box setup to record tonight's pre-season game.....

GO LAKERS!!!!

chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

No way can you get out of the early termination thing.

Besides that, another laker game going on right now that we are all missing.

Good for you pwe. I am waiting just because i had TWC before and it is pretty bad and uses outdated technology. But come regular season, day before if they don't have it, i'm gone. I could always come back at some point if verizon ever got it.

jrolfedrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think in the waiting game, TWC still wins. If they are only asking less than I say $5.00 for each customer and Verizon do not want to then to me time to bail. I had been with Verizon since 2005, service is good but Lakers is my number one priority than any other TV. So if next month no deal. Then thank you Verizon for those years. I'm switching plus I will save about $80.00/month.

NO LAKERS, NO US
lrg3
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am new to this forum but have noticed that there has been very little response on this issue.  Verizon can ignore its blogs.  I suggest that everyone send individual messages to customer service, faxes to the business office, whatever it takes to really get the attention of the company.  We are not on a contract so we really can leave immediately as soon as we miss a Laker game.  For those of you who are stuck with FIOS, you may want to take stronger action.

Raiders131
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon what the {word filter avoidance} are you waiting for to add TWC Sports Net???!!!!!!!!!

Laker Games
TheE1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it true that the Laker Games (particularly home games) will not be available anymore ?   If not, I will most likely be going to another provider.  That is too bad ......

Re: Laker Games
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

^^^ Not just home games my friend, but away games as well. 1/3 of laker games are on national tv(abc and espn) so you will be able to see those.

that leaves 54 games that you will not be able to see.

still pretty much nothing from verizon still. T-minus 2 weeks

Lakers Station
dlakerfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal and happy customer for several years. I have been hoping that the powers to be would make my all time favorite team the Lakers available. I have waited patiently and the preseason is halfway done and no one can say if it is going to be available or not so sadly I will have to switch carriers to view the one team in the world I can not live without

Raiders131
Contributor - Level 1
Still waiting Verizon!!!!! Get Twc sports net now!!!!!
Re: Lakers Station
BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ dlakerfan, I too thought felt sad when I switched but then found out how wrong I was when my bill was almost $45 cheaper also realizing that maybe I had been brainwashed into thinking that verizon has the superior product. To me the backbone, be it copper or fiber, is largely unimportant. A 20 mb/s connection is a 20 mb/s connection. I'm definitely not sad that I switched and yes the new LAKERS channel kicks butt!!

GO LAKERS!!!!

0 Likes